C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

The Corvette Panache

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 10:14 AM
Factoid
Le Mans Master

Received 5,634 Likes on 2,832 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by wolfman64
At the C&C in San Antonio this morning. A whole bunch of C6 and C7, one C3 and me. Lots of questions and many thumbs up and not just from the old guys like me, um, us! To KC John’s point, people appreciate a well executed design and when you show pride in your ride. Lots of variety this morning and many people simply did it their way.

And one C2 over at the VP Fuels booth!....
Wait, how did I miss this C2? I walked the entire place several times. Man, I’m getting distracted and forgetful in my old age!

I’ll be there next month. Perhaps send up a flare?!
Old 07-15-2018, 01:15 PM
KC John
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 95 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I think this is the perfect angle to photograph a C2, it looks incredible.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:38 PM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Originally Posted by 68hemi
On my recent Rt. 66 trip with the 57 a young man (late 20s/early 30s) with his 5 year old daughter shyly approached me and asked to look at the car. He said his daughter spotted it and asked to look. He recognized the car as either a 56 or 57 which is unusual for someone his age.
I had people approach me at every gas fill up or other stop. Most had no idea what year it was and often didn't even know what kid of a car it was. It just goes to show you that people STILL find them eye catching.
Originally Posted by KC John
I think you guys are mistaken. I've read several times on this forum that this hobby will die after we are gone. No young kids care about these cars, they like cars from their own generation. All the young kids that hang out of their cars giving me thumbs up must be the exception rather than the rule. All the little kids that scream "Mommy look at that cool car!" and come dragging her over to it must have something wrong with them.

Until they make a car better looking than these old cars, they will always be desirable. With todays designs looking like one another (I can't even tell them apart) I can't see designers ever coming up with something original enough to stand out.

i just shake my head at people that predict these cars are about to drop like rocks in value. Not only do the kids love them, but there's a world-wide market for them as well.

Quick Reply: The Corvette Panache