C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Arkansas stole my vin

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 03:03 PM
curvesman
Safety Car

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified 2020

Originally Posted by midigike
My cousin is going through the same thing. He has a Roush stage 2 Mustang- (Sorry) and recently went to trade it in for a new car- he is a family man..
Any way the car is flipping spotless. Clean as a whistle, so he is at the dealer and after they certify the car and he is about halfway through the paperwork on the new car, the salesperson tells him his car is stolen, he was like WTF, I bought it new from the dealer, has the original papers and bill of sale. There are 3 cars with the same vin- Texas, Tennessee, Wyoming.
He has been working on this for over a year and has gotten no where...still spotless in his garage though...

I'm glad it has worked out for you and got your new tags.
WOW!!
Crazy!
Old 09-18-2018, 09:25 PM
DomL64
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler Townsley
A title is not a registration it is a document of ownership.(title) Registration is for a plate to drive on the roads.

Tyler
Tyler,

In CT, they get you for property taxes on every car. Mine is in pieces in the garage for now and I would rather not have to register it.
I'm going to be at DMV on Wednesday for work and I'll have to ask.
I just hope someone there understands what I'm looking for.

Dom

Old 09-18-2018, 09:31 PM
DomL64
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by KENS78SILVERANNIV
You go to DMV show them the title and pay the back fees and get current non-operational registration. Easy.
That's a little more than 10 years of back stuff.
Car hasn't been not he road since I moved here.

Dom
Old 09-19-2018, 11:53 AM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by jv04
The situation with Arkansas is not unique, Alabama does very similar things with cars older than 35 years. Current Alabama law does not title cars older than 35 years (it is a moving target).

A bill of sale is all I would need to register E53F001001 as MY VEHICLE in Alabama, assuming someone hasn't alreadu done so in another state.
While that is true you still would be required to drive/trailer the car to DMV for a VIN verification against the Bill of Sale before Alabama will issue a plate in your name.

Old 09-19-2018, 12:50 PM
MidLife+
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Us poor Arkies have to live with this crap. Our DMV workers work for Tips so they don't get minimum wage

Quick Reply: Arkansas stole my vin