C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Progress On My '62 Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 02:03 AM
6T2Vette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 173 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Progress On My '62 Project

Front suspension is in, rear suspension is in, engine overhauled, New radiator going in, new 3.55 Posi going in tomorrow. Engine planned to go in this weekend. A/R Wheels out to be cleaned. New Avon tires on order. Hoping to hear engine start next week. My Mighty Mouse 330 hp, 385 lbs-ft....yoweee!!!
Bob

Old 01-24-2019, 06:15 AM
hcallaway
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 609 Likes on 345 Posts

It looks like it is going to be a great ride. Keep up the hard work!
Old 01-24-2019, 08:10 AM
Rob_64-365
Drifting

Received 624 Likes on 364 Posts

It look very nice, there is something about fresh, perfect paint on a chassis that just makes you smile!! It is amazing how long it takes to put this stuff together, after all the blasting and painting, you try assembling things so carefully to keep it perfect looking, it seems to take forever, maybe I'm just too OCD about this, but I think we all are in our own way? Keep up the good work!
Old 01-24-2019, 08:13 AM
Dreaming60’s
Drifting

Received 419 Likes on 246 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Nothing nice looking that the underside of a C-1 that has been cleaned up and put back together correctly. Nice job!

BH
Old 01-24-2019, 09:16 AM
elwood13
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,078 Posts

Agree with the others. Great work.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:30 AM
Jhemp3
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

You’re making me want to spend some more money. I notice the rubber bushing on the coil spring. Interesting, Looks to control both compression and rebound. Probably the wrong terminology, but what’s your objective. Great job, Jim
Old 01-24-2019, 11:57 AM
6T2Vette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks guys. I turned this project over to a fab shop who has done a couple of other cars for me. I bought him the book sold by NCRS on the selection of parts and paint colors. He has bought the correct parts required from reputable Corvette parts suppliers. Everything I know of was numbers correct going by date codes, but I've removed and salvaged some of these parts. For example. I removed the entire third member with the original 4.11 gears and resplaced it with an Eaton 3.55 rear end, I've also saved the domed pistons, and worn Duntov cam. I guess they could be restored and used again. The engine was bored .030 over. I will be replacing the radiator with a newer looking but more efficient radiator. I've gone with parts that should make my car more trouble free, such as the electronic ignition, hydraulic roller cam, and roller tipped rockers rather than solid lifters.
Paint on the outside will have to wait until I've recovered from restoring two other cars I hope to have finished by March.
Bob
Old 01-24-2019, 12:05 PM
6T2Vette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Jhemp3
You’re making me want to spend some more money. I notice the rubber bushing on the coil spring. Interesting, Looks to control both compression and rebound. Probably the wrong terminology, but what’s your objective. Great job, Jim
I'm not sure of that bushing's intended use but it is per NCRS specs. "Rebound" may be the correct term, as we will be installing the rebound straps required that help support the rear axle.
Bob
Old 01-24-2019, 12:10 PM
6T2Vette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Rob_64-365
It look very nice, there is something about fresh, perfect paint on a chassis that just makes you smile!! It is amazing how long it takes to put this stuff together, after all the blasting and painting, you try assembling things so carefully to keep it perfect looking, it seems to take forever, maybe I'm just too OCD about this, but I think we all are in our own way? Keep up the good work!
LOL! I don't know about being Obsessive or Compulsive, but I do like to see things done right. Maybe more of an esthetics thing. :-)
Bob

Get notified of new replies

To Progress On My '62 Project

Quick Reply: Progress On My '62 Project