C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Instument Panel Power Source on a 67

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 10:43 AM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,221 Likes on 2,303 Posts

I'm glad it worked for you. I'd be surprised if connecting the battery wrong affected the battery gauge. It doesn't use a ground and will deflect both ways from center, BUT anything could have happened in that length of time. I hope the other gauges get you all back together working, be sure to post back. And post a couple of pictures of the car when you do.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:25 PM
08redrocket
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The car is pretty dirty. Even though the garage is air conditioned, the car is pretty rough. I started with the rear suspension and new gas tank first, got that cleaned up and added a lot of new pieces. Then the engine, trans and rear end, universal joints, wheel bearings, parking brakes and brake calipers. The Vintage Air was next. Now all new gauges, battery, hoses in the engine compartment, radiator, water pump, rebuilt carb and new fan clutch.

Now that it runs, it will be to the paint shop next. Then the interior followed by the front suspension.

A long way to go, but at least it is moving now....

Quick Reply: Instument Panel Power Source on a 67