C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] Source for info on '65 original parts etc

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 09:28 AM
scubadds
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Source for info on '65 original parts etc

I couldn't squeeze my question into the tag line;
If things go as planned I get my '65 Coupe next week
It is pretty original; when I show the pics to corvette guys; they can easily tell what's original/ correct and what isn't

What book or website is there that can help me tell what should there and what has been replaced or painted incorrectly?
I see there are NCRS books out there?? I don't intend to compete or get judged; but I just want to have the knowledge base to know what I own
(like one guy said the driveshaft had been painted vs the original "silver" look
Old 03-15-2019, 09:35 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,084 Likes on 4,737 Posts
Army

You can drive yourself ape-**** chasing down every nit some correctness guru comes up with about your car....and 6 months later you'll find some of them were full of it and your stuff was right in the first place....

You can get Noland Adams C2 guide, the NCRS Judging Guide for your year car and the NCRS Corvette Specifications booklet to start with...
Don't change ANYthing based on someone's opinion until you've personally done your homework.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:08 PM
jimgessner
Safety Car

Received 638 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
You can drive yourself ape-**** chasing down every nit some correctness guru comes up with about your car....and 6 months later you'll find some of them were full of it and your stuff was right in the first place....

You can get Noland Adams C2 guide, the NCRS Judging Guide for your year car and the NCRS Corvette Specifications booklet to start with...
Don't change ANYthing based on someone's opinion until you've personally done your homework.
GREAT ADVICE. Getting harder to find. I saw yesterday JIM DAVIS 321-431-3611 had each VOL 1 and Vol 2 at $140 each.

David Sokolowski, one of the largest vintage Corvette parts vendors in the USA also had a book for sale 310-329-5334. in Californiaa. He will have parts you may need for your car.also. GOOD GUY to know.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:14 PM
65 fi
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 83 Posts

Frankie’s advice is spot on. A complete assemble manual and attention to inception dates are worthwhile as well.

Get notified of new replies

To Source for info on '65 original parts etc

Quick Reply: [C2] Source for info on '65 original parts etc