C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line Lock installation on a 62

Old 03-25-2019, 09:47 PM
vettsplit 63
CF Senior Member

Location: Power tripping Sociopath- has a nice ring to it- I used to be a people person, but people ruined it Texas
Liked 93 Times in 84 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12
Default Line Lock installation on a 62

I am wanting to install a line lock/ hill holder on my 62, and am having trouble visualizing exactly how to go about it. The main brake line crosses over the front end and has a connection that goes to both back wheels after both fronts have branched off. I can't figure how to isolate the front and not lock the rears. Anybody have any pictures of how they did it with the stock single line master cylinder?
Old 03-26-2019, 12:44 AM
Dan Hampton
CF Senior Member

Liked 158 Times in 110 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

Old 03-26-2019, 08:30 AM
vettsplit 63
CF Senior Member

Location: Power tripping Sociopath- has a nice ring to it- I used to be a people person, but people ruined it Texas
Liked 93 Times in 84 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Thanks Dan, but I have already been to that site, and it was of no help when working with a single master cylinder. I think l have it figured out, though. I will have to isolate the rear lines upstream of the solenoid that feeds both fronts. It is going to involve plugging the connection that feeds the rear and running another crossover that is independent of the front, and reconnecting it as I said, upstream so it can bleed back when the pedal is released. Thanks...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Line Lock installation on a 62

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: