C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark plug clearance

Old 04-15-2019, 06:06 PM
street62
CF Senior Member

Recieved 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Spark plug clearance

How much plug wire clearance do you have on your c-1 ? What brand heads,and headers do you use? 15/8 or 13/4 tubes? Straight or angle plugs heads?
Old 04-16-2019, 12:50 PM
MelWff
CF Senior Member

Recieved 619 Likes on 598 Posts

Not that the generation should make a difference, my C3 uses an early version of the Chevrolet angle plug head, with Hooker sidemount headers. The wires run alongside the valve covers and then drop down to the plugs with at least a 1/2" of clearance using Moroso wires with 90 degree boots..
Old 04-16-2019, 05:57 PM
street62
CF Senior Member

Recieved 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I should have mentioned it was a small block and the headers were hooker super competition 13/4 tubes. In the past I had GM angle plug heads , the center plugs were close but doable. The header manufacture said not to be used with angel plug heads.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: