C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 09:05 PM
LRGO
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Recommendation

Earlier this year I purchased a freshly restored 1962, 340 hp, two top, white/red C1 from a private party in Collysville,Texas. The vehicle was a two owner, 50,000 mile, no hit/ no rust vehicle that was restored to show quality standards. It was awarded a Regional Top Flight on it’s first outing. My desire for even greater perfection sent the car to Jim Welch/Mid Cities Classics in Hurst Texas for the purpose of bringing the car to an even higher level. Jim had done some of the work on this vehicle and understood my expectations. I received the car earlier today and will spend a few days “bonding” with it.
My experience with Jim Welch/Mid Cities was exceptional. He is very knowledgeable and was extremely patient with my demanding expectations. I actually had great fun with Jim. While not inexpensive I found him to be honest, talented and straight forward.
Once the sun returns to CT, I will post some pics.
Although very experienced with other marques, I haven’t owned a Corvette since my 67’ (I was the original owner) was stolen in 1970. This
forum has provided me with a valuable C1 knowledge base.

Last edited by LRGO; 05-04-2019 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:25 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,090 Likes on 4,740 Posts
Army

None of the best restorers I know of are "inexpensive".....they didn't bust their backsides for years (decades most often) to sell their services on the cheap...and there is usually a waiting list to get in their shops...

Sounds like you were well taken care of...

Quick Reply: Recommendation