C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

documenting my 61 corvette

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 02:44 AM
tach drive 61
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Default documenting my 61 corvette

This year brought a welcome message from my 61 corvettes original owners son ,
Here are a few photos sent along with a very interesting story of my cars 1st three years , The car was the 1st corvette to start the Richmond VA corvette club that still exists today I believe We can not name the original owners name for families privacy The car purchased in Richmond VA and traded in 1963 possibly to same dealer for a 63 model corvette
The color photos date to summer of 1963 the Fawn corvette appears to be a 61 model the others are 62 models note the rubber laid down in lot,
My car is very late 61 production the white wall is the smaller width , also black rims on a black car , I will pen a good article in on solid ground this year and hope for permission to mention its 1st owner by name , , he owned a very special corvette besides this car ! as well as being a forefather of corvette clubs in the USA
As for continued previous owner searching this car made its way to Fredrick's MD area then back to VA I have traced back to 1980 , spoken with that owner # two or three Wayne Miss, Sadly his memory and communication skills were not so good , he restored the car to its current white color in 1989 /91 then sold car in 2003 , I bought the car in 2009 from owner four with a very good record of history back to his ownership , My bet is the car was traded in or possibly sold to a local club member in Richmond VA back in 1963 Or traded as new owners son thought , From 1963 to 1980 the car was cared for without question . 7 years is not a long time to own a C 1 . Please if you do know the names of people in photo keep it private guys , Im sure some one may !

1961 car richmond VA club photo or road trip

The following users liked this post:
Frankie the Fink (10-23-2019)
Old 10-23-2019, 01:53 PM
Corn Fed
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 65 Posts

That's very cool. I know the history of my '61 back to 1970 to second owner. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from back then.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:08 PM
GTOguy
Race Director

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,113 Posts

Neat story. The lady in the third picture caused me to do a double take...she looks just like my mother. But in '61, we were all living in Oakland, CA. Too bad some of the shots are a blur. Neat to have documentation, though. I have very little on my '61, which has non-numbers matching engine, trans, and rear end.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:56 PM
tach drive 61
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

best part was getting the bill of sale on the car , some contact made at carlise i will hope to find out other possible owner history .

Get notified of new replies

To documenting my 61 corvette

Quick Reply: documenting my 61 corvette