C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Any of you folks that are NCRS judges and do car inspections...anyone near ProTeam

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 11:44 AM
mmaturo
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Any of you folks that are NCRS judges and do car inspections...anyone near ProTeam

They have a car that I’m interested in but need someone close that does inspections and knows the C2S (63 in particular) since if it is good their is incentive to get it done quick so they can bring the car to me by Mecum at the New Year. Reach out to me if interested or can go quickly. At ProTeam Corvette Sales in Napoleon, OH

Last edited by mmaturo; 12-09-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:02 PM
GCD1962
Race Director

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Contact Pancho at provette67. The go to man
Old 12-09-2019, 02:30 PM
dahogan
Enjoy while you can.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,707 Likes on 1,281 Posts
Ohio Events Coordinator
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by GCD1962
Contact Pancho at provette67. The go to man

Pancho was my choice to do my inspection 11 years ago before he was The Man. He clearly is the best and it would be perhaps a 5 hour round trip for him. I know he has been there several times as well. There may be a fee of course, but its the best insurance money can buy.

It wouldn't surprise me any that he is already aware of the corvette. At least send a PM.

Last edited by dahogan; 12-09-2019 at 06:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mmaturo (12-10-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 03:30 PM
Powershift
Race Director

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,308 Posts

X3

Larry
Old 12-09-2019, 04:18 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,087 Likes on 4,739 Posts
Army

mmaturo. I’m betting you’ve found a car with the Powerglide you’ve been looking for (like back when we met in person). I’d see if provette67 would launch up there since you’ve been looking so long. None better.

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 12-09-2019 at 04:21 PM.
mmaturo (12-10-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 06:10 PM
provette67
Le Mans Master

Received 710 Likes on 388 Posts

Let me know if you need me to go take a look.
Pancho
provette67@aol.com
Old 12-10-2019, 07:04 PM
mmaturo
Racer

Originally Posted by provette67
Let me know if you need me to go take a look.
Pancho
provette67@aol.com
I will let you know. It’s not the exact color combo I’m after and priced high for a 90s restoration and powerglide. You are correct Frankie. So not ready to throw full energy at it. I was talking with someone a couple of years ago with the right combo so trying to see if he still has it since if I’m paying a large pile I need to at least get exactly what I’m after (I thought the guy wanted too much but I’m personally not seeing any drop in prices on what I’m after so starting to think it just going to cost a lot) and yes provette67 I will contact you. After I posted I found your info from the last time I asked since I couldn’t remember what it was. I’m after black w red interior first, blue w red, or white w red. There is a great red with black interior that was at a cruise in I was just at but was a 4 speed... may need to go see if I can manage it anyway.

thanks guy’s for the replies.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:43 PM
dplotkin
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,167 Likes on 1,045 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C2 of Year Finalist (stock)
2015 C2 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by mmaturo
... It’s not the exact color combo I’m after and priced high for a 90s restoration and powerglide...
I recently paid a lot of money for a tough car to find that I've wanted for a long time. Years of looking for one among 640 with AC, which was about 50, in a condition I could accept turned up needy cars or show queens that could not be dislodged from their owners. That left me at the age of 59 concluding I'd never have one. So when the opportunity came I did not delay. Time has a way of undoing opportunity that can be forever lost. I still lament the restored 63 409 I didn't swipe from a widow because I couldn't bring myself. So here's the thing; to my knowledge there were only 200+ Corvettes built with A/C in 63. I'm sure some were added here and there given the rarity but still, we are talking about less than 300, and then there's the Powerglide. If your requirement is Powerglide and AC I'd be on the phone to Pancho working out the details and put down a refundable deposit to keep it there until he arrives.

Besides, why should I be the only dude to spend a pile of dough and get exactly what he wants?

Dan

Last edited by dplotkin; 12-10-2019 at 07:46 PM.
mmaturo (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 09:01 PM
deejaydu
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by dplotkin
I recently paid a lot of money for a tough car to find that I've wanted for a long time. Years of looking for one among 640 with AC, which was about 50, in a condition I could accept turned up needy cars or show queens that could not be dislodged from their owners. That left me at the age of 59 concluding I'd never have one. So when the opportunity came I did not delay. Time has a way of undoing opportunity that can be forever lost. I still lament the restored 63 409 I didn't swipe from a widow because I couldn't bring myself. So here's the thing; to my knowledge there were only 200+ Corvettes built with A/C in 63. I'm sure some were added here and there given the rarity but still, we are talking about less than 300, and then there's the Powerglide. If your requirement is Powerglide and AC I'd be on the phone to Pancho working out the details and put down a refundable deposit to keep it there until he arrives.

Besides, why should I be the only dude to spend a pile of dough and get exactly what he wants?

Dan
Dan now I am curious what did you buy.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:00 PM
mmaturo
Racer

Originally Posted by dplotkin

Dan
glad you are reminding me the rarity of the factory AC. And it works. I could use it in Florida no doubt. I would add the vintage air anyway if I got another one but I do like the idea of factory. It is up there in price but at auction anyway the last similar car was in same range. That said if I liked blue on blue I could have have one for 45K less. Probably should do it. Just not sure black on black is my color or best lines on the 63.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:10 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

Don't be naive; its near Christmas and I'm betting classic car purchases aren't the top priority in most peoples' minds...

To wit, I think Proteam would be very negotiable on price based on the holiday season, the end of the month approaching and the end of the calendar year to boot... Particularly a no strings attached, cash offer...

A black on black, PG, factory A/C split window wouldn't be out of place anywhere IMO..
mmaturo (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 10:15 PM
mmaturo
Racer

Yeah you would think. Not flexible in emails so far anyway. So we will see. The number I would just go ahead and do it for would be where he would likely be at if he did bring it to Mecum after the seller fee. We will see. Thinking to go ahead and do the look over. Reaching out shortly for that.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:20 PM
mmaturo
Racer

To Dans point I missed a vette by about an hour by hesitating that was a 66 I think silver on silver convertible that was gorgeous. And a good price. I would have been happy with that even though not a SWC. Will do the leg work on this one which is still education for me.

PS anyone out there with a very good powerglide SWC with a red interior and thinking about selling... I’m getting tired of looking/waiting and will pay a good price.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:08 PM
ras61
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

No affiliation but there is an add on carsonline.com for a saddle/saddle auto, power brakes and windows, added vintage a/c in Mississippi
Old 12-11-2019, 06:44 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

I missed a white/red 340hp split window that member Mike Terry was selling at the Old Town NCRS meet one year by 20 minutes...
Some Norwegians bought it literally as I was in route on the 1/2 drive to see it.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:47 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

Can't tell much from two pics of this saddle car mentioned: https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-ca...posting/101068

Wrong master cylinder, power brake booster vacuum line is ridiculously long but that's just downright nit-picking; certainly a reasonable price.. Has the kickdown linkage for the Powerglide.

Frankly a Vintage Air setup is prob more efficient and easier to maintain and find parts for than an original factory system - depends on how big a slave to originality one is or how badly one is "jonesing" for one of the rare 63 factory A/C cars.

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 12-11-2019 at 06:53 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:05 AM
kenba
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: PHOENIX AZ. WHAT A MAN WON"T SPEND TO GIVE HIS ASS A RIDE
Received 307 Likes on 221 Posts

Call Dale Louse at D&B Corvettes restoration. His shop is not far from Terrys. Did 3 NCRS Top Flights for me. He might do it for you. Honest guy that knows Corvettes.
41906821917 Tell him Ken Barry recommended him.& maybe he can help you..

Get notified of new replies

To Any of you folks that are NCRS judges and do car inspections...anyone near ProTeam

Old 12-13-2019, 12:42 AM
mmaturo
Racer

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Can't tell much from two pics of this saddle car mentioned: https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-ca...posting/101068

Wrong master cylinder, power brake booster vacuum line is ridiculously long but that's just downright nit-picking; certainly a reasonable price.. Has the kickdown linkage for the Powerglide.

Frankly a Vintage Air setup is prob more efficient and easier to maintain and find parts for than an original factory system - depends on how big a slave to originality one is or how badly one is "jonesing" for one of the rare 63 factory A/C cars.
not much of a saddle fan unfortunately. Provette67 looked at the black one for me today. If I get it you will have a blast picking on it for layers of incorrect parts but it is solid. All black is growing on me.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:40 AM
begee22
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Edmonds Washington (Stunning view of Olympic Mtns and Puget Sound)
Received 829 Likes on 315 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I also have SWC a/t and after looking at Proteam pics Frankie stated earlier this may be a good negotiating time. Issues I saw are wrong master cylinder, oil filler cap, no in-line fuel filter, gaugres, clock, wiper blades not positioned correctly and I am reasonably sure the simulated wood wheel was only available with saddle tan interiors. I personally don't think any are deal breakers because of a/c and a/t options. Hoping Pancho has good news for you. begee22
mmaturo (12-18-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 07:43 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

Originally Posted by mmaturo
not much of a saddle fan unfortunately. Provette67 looked at the black one for me today. If I get it you will have a blast picking on it for layers of incorrect parts but it is solid. All black is growing on me.
I agree - Saddle Tan is an "acquired taste". I didn't like Fawn Beige C1s until I started really looking at a few and they've grown on me.

I know you've been looking for your "unicorn" split window for what - two years or more now ?
If Pancho gives you a thumbs up, I'd tear my back pocket off getting my wallet out to make an offer...again I wouldn't pay their full price if possible. They ALL have something or other amiss but if its correctable it shouldn't bother you.

Many of my friends make a point of buying or building black cars; especially some restomodders...

I know of only a very few 63 factory A/C cars around central Florida; if you need help or advice in that area after you get the car you might want to befriend Harry Sadlock on the NCRS web site - he has a gorgeous example...

63 A/C cars are the unique among the unique and the esoteric parts list is non-stop, just the 63 A/C "633" alternators are commanding eye-watering prices....

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 12-13-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Any of you folks that are NCRS judges and do car inspections...anyone near ProTeam