C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Several 62 restoration parts questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 07:25 AM
GEM '62
Drifting

Received 581 Likes on 229 Posts

Default Several 62 restoration parts questions

A year or so ago I had some burnt wire problems in my 62 and I'm now about to do a complete replacement. I have a new windshield that I bought about 8 years ago so may as well replace that now. With the windshield out, it's the
right time to replace the dash pad...and so it goes. So, my questions are:
1. Is lectric limited the best choice for the wiring harness? Has anyone used American Auto Wire and how do they rate?
2. Dash pad, Al Knoch or Corvette America?
3. I should re-chrome the end pieces of the windshield frame. I need some suggestions on chrome shops, hopefully a shop with a good turnaround time. I want to get the car back on the road quickly.
4. Thinking about changing the wiper motor to electrical. The conversion I found at Zip is $700+, seems a little spendy. Any thoughts of this conversion?
Old 05-16-2024, 10:05 AM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,982 Likes on 900 Posts

Originally Posted by GEM '62
A year or so ago I had some burnt wire problems in my 62 and I'm now about to do a complete replacement. I have a new windshield that I bought about 8 years ago so may as well replace that now. With the windshield out, it's the
right time to replace the dash pad...and so it goes. So, my questions are:
1. Is lectric limited the best choice for the wiring harness? Has anyone used American Auto Wire and how do they rate?
2. Dash pad, Al Knoch or Corvette America?
3. I should re-chrome the end pieces of the windshield frame. I need some suggestions on chrome shops, hopefully a shop with a good turnaround time. I want to get the car back on the road quickly.
4. Thinking about changing the wiper motor to electrical. The conversion I found at Zip is $700+, seems a little spendy. Any thoughts of this conversion?
I've used Lectric Limited in a few of my projects. The product has been perfect with each application.

I have used both Al Knoch and Corvette America and each place has provided quality products.

Sorry, no help on re-chrome. So many places are shutting down.

As far as the windshield wipers go, I chose to remain with the original. I just don't see myself (intentionally) driving in the rain. Plus, the originals work pretty well when they are restored.

Pat

Quick Reply: Several 62 restoration parts questions