C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Good engine..bad customer service... Speedo-O-Motive

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 02:07 PM
munday
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good engine..bad customer service... Speedo-O-Motive

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 12:50 PM
To: Michael B
Subject: RE: my parts list

If you are going to request a list you need to give me the name in which it was ordered. We don't have a Michael Bentley on record.
When we send out an order it contains a complete list of part used. I'm not impressed with you attitude. One again if you will provide us with the right info. I will try to help.

WE WILL ACCEPT YOUR ORDER PLEASE SEND YOUR- MONEY ORDER, BANK CHECK OR A PHONE NUMBER FOR CONTACT. WE REQUIRE 50% DOWN PAYMENT ON ANY ORDER FOR ENGINES, STROKER KITS.
PARTS MUST BE PAYED IN FULL BEFORE WE SHIP TO YOU.
SPEED-O-MOTIVE, INC.
131 N. LANG AVE.
WEST COVINA, CALIFORNIA, USA
PHONE# (626)869-0270
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 9:06 AM
To: speedomotive@mpowercom.net
Subject: my parts list
Hi this is Michael Bentley,
I ordered a 383 stroker back in 2001 from your company. Ever since then I have been trying to get a parts list for my engine. I have called up there so many times I am sick of doing it. I do not have a parts list for my engine. I had a pack list that came in the crate but it only listed the engine and the additional parts I ordered. I understand I may not be one of your biggest spenders, but $5200 is a lot to me. I have been told, that your people would mail me a copy, fax me a copy and everything. Now hopefully I can get someone to email me a copy. If you can’t email please mail it. I am not trying to sound rude, but I really need to know what I have in my engine. This whole process was a nightmare from the beginning. I was told my engine would only take 6-8 weeks, then it took longer. I needed it by the 6-8 week time period because I was about to go overseas in the Navy, I have just recently installed the engine. I was also told that shipping was free and it was posted on your website at the time. I had to pay the carrier $250. I am not asking for that money after 2+ years, I just want it known that I have been very disappointed with the customer service. BTW I’m sure the engine will run great.

My address is

Michael Bentley

this is the kinda of customer service they run..I am truly dissappointed
Old 05-13-2004, 03:01 PM
munday
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Good engine..bad customer service... Speedo-O-Motive (munday)

I got really irate about the phone call i recieved from them saying not to bother them...I was fuming. I politely called them back up and asked to speak with the owner. The person on the other end was very polite I told him what had happened and he took care of it and is mailing me my build sheet. KUDOS to george.....as far as the other people I spoke to there...they can stick it up their azz.

Thanks George...hopefully you mail it like everyone else said they would.

this is why ppl need therapy...
Old 05-13-2004, 08:58 PM
TJefferson2020
Race Director

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Good engine..bad customer service... Speedo-O-Motive (munday)

Mike - you are right to be angry. Who ever sent that email is way out of line. If they worked for me, I'd fire them on the spot. Sometimes even the best companies drop the ball but it's how they deal with it after the fact that counts. Just think about how many people will see this post and never buy from these guys. There are a lot of motor builders out there.

Good luck ! I hope you get your build sheet and the motor works good!

pm

Get notified of new replies

To Good engine..bad customer service... Speedo-O-Motive

Quick Reply: Good engine..bad customer service... Speedo-O-Motive