Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

WTB - C2 AM/FM Cassette Player

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 06:26 PM
63splitter
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTB - C2 AM/FM Cassette Player

Looking to buy a used and in good shape AM/FM Cassette player that fits in the radio location of my 1963 Corvette. Let me know if you have one laying around you're willing to sell. Pictures would be great. Thanks, Rick - Erie, PA coolstreetrod@yahoo.com
Old 01-27-2005, 08:00 AM
WHEW64
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got mine at Custom Auto Sound
Old 01-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Bill J
Instructor

whew64

How is the sound. I get a lot of AM iginition noise in mine even with their alternator noise suppressor.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:04 PM
63splitter
Instructor

Cutom Autosound are the models I'm looking at. When you put yours in, did you swap the mono speaker with a stereo speaker or did you hook it to other speakers mounted elsewhere? I was really hoping to buy a used one if someone out there had one sitting around.

Thanks for your reply.....Rick
Old 01-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Bill J
Instructor

I used the stereo speaker that fit in the dash. Sounds OK with the ignition off. With ignition on, Am has a lot of noise FM is not bad. Haven't tried a cassette yet. Fit and hookup was easy.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:23 PM
toddalin
Le Mans Master

Received 1,180 Likes on 488 Posts

I have a Custom AUtosound that I'm not real happy with. As noted the FM picks up a lot of static..., of coure I do run solid copper plug wires and non-resistor plugs with little shielding and a Mallory box.

Still, the original radio had far less static, when it would work. Also, the fit is less than perfect. I made up my own fill bezel to fill in the gap it left.

I use the dual voice coil 6x9 in the dash with two small satalite speakers mounted on either side of the 6x9 atop the dash. The wires run out along the edges of the vent and are not visible. The tweeters tuck up at the windshield interface.

I have two 8" 3-way JBLs mounted to a particle-board jack panel behind the seats. A decorative frame with metal grillwork covers this jackboard to protect the speakers from shifting cargo and provides a small, central glove box between the speakers. A 4-channel JBL amp is mounted under the passenger seat that was raised up 1-3/4" for clearance, and to let my wife see better.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Thaddeus
Advanced

I get horrible static from my custom audio. I also purchased a CD changer from the company 2 years ago that was skipping so I sent it back to have it fixed. To my surprise the package arrived at my door yesterday with a note that said “We Sorry”. I called the company and they told me that they did not have any parts left to fix my 6 disk changer and there was nothing they could do. After a little complaining the only thing that they offered was a 10% discount on a refurbished model that they also would not guarantee. I really suggest looking into other options beside custom audio…

Last edited by Thaddeus; 01-29-2005 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Vipermike
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have an in dash stereo cassette player from Mid America that I bought for my '65 Vette but then decided to leave it stock. I'll take $75 for it.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:20 PM
63splitter
Instructor

Thanks for all the feedback and offers. I just bought one from a forum member. This is really a great board! Think SPRING......

Rick

Get notified of new replies

To WTB - C2 AM/FM Cassette Player

Quick Reply: WTB - C2 AM/FM Cassette Player