Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

C2 Carbon Fiber Hoods? SOURCE WANTED

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 11:39 AM
drnodegree
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C2 Carbon Fiber Hoods? SOURCE WANTED

I have been struggling to find a source for a carbon fibre hood for my 63 vette.
I can find different manufacturers however i haven't found anything older than a C3 (1968)....please help!
Old 06-25-2011, 10:44 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by drnodegree
I have been struggling to find a source for a carbon fibre hood for my 63 vette.
I can find different manufacturers however i haven't found anything older than a C3 (1968)....please help!
You may get a guy over in the c5 section to do a overlay on a hood for you. But never seen no one doing 100% C.F. c2 hoods... If you did you may be looking at around 2,k plus.... Robert
Old 06-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Godholio
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

To lose weight on the front end, which is probably the opposite of what you want if you plan on going fast.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Ron Yoder
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We can do a Carbon fiber Hydrographic dip if you just want the carbon fiber look. had a guy bring us a real Carbon fiber and he wanted a different look so we dipped it for him, dont make sense but we did.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 09-05-2014 at 07:29 PM. Reason: link to NSV removed
Old 06-28-2011, 10:50 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron Yoder
We can do a Carbon fiber Hydrographic dip if you just want the carbon fiber look. had a guy bring us a real Carbon fiber and he wanted a different look so we dipped it for him, dont make sense but we did.
Put the www. and your site in here and more people will look at it may get more business that way.... How much for a hood being done like that also do you stand behind it if the coating come off down the road from the sun are heat from under the hood. Robert

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 09-05-2014 at 07:29 PM. Reason: link to NSV removed
Old 08-09-2011, 07:46 PM
drnodegree
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am changing my hood from stock to a big block hood anyway. I can buy fiberglass just not Carbon Fiber.
My thoughts were that since the car was black anyway i would leave it as the carbon fiber. I don't like the carbon fiber "look", i like the real thing. Its more for weight savings and the coolness of having an actual carbon fiber hood.
From what i have seen it looks like i will just be purchasing a fiberglass hood and painting it.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:27 PM
M3MOTORSPORTS
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by drnodegree
I am changing my hood from stock to a big block hood anyway. I can buy fiberglass just not Carbon Fiber.
My thoughts were that since the car was black anyway i would leave it as the carbon fiber. I don't like the carbon fiber "look", i like the real thing. Its more for weight savings and the coolness of having an actual carbon fiber hood.
From what i have seen it looks like i will just be purchasing a fiberglass hood and painting it.
Jeff Freeman in Sacramento Calif, may make one for you.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 09-05-2014 at 07:31 PM. Reason: NSV phone # removed
Old 09-05-2014, 07:27 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
Put the www. and your site in here and more people will look at it may get more business that way....
Actually, putting a www in front of an Non Supporting vendor link or a phone number, etc, will get the post deleted:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ate-links.html

and:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...l-posting.html

Supporting vendors pay for the considerable bandwidth charges on the Forum, making it free for the rest of us. In exchange, they get the privilege of using the Forum to market and promote their goods and services. Historically, we allow them to post in the generation sections and the regional sections to market and promote their products/services.

Members are not prohibited from mentioning it when they have a good (or bad, for that matter) experience with a non-supporting vendor. But such mentions cannot be so specific (address, phone number, e-mail address, URL, price, part number, offer to send contact information via PMs, etc.) or so frequent that they become marketing and promotional references.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 09-05-2014 at 07:36 PM. Reason: links to guidelines
Old 09-24-2014, 12:20 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Thread has just become continuous Non Supporting Vendor posts. Closing.

Get notified of new replies

To C2 Carbon Fiber Hoods? SOURCE WANTED

Quick Reply: C2 Carbon Fiber Hoods? SOURCE WANTED