Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

WTS: 1964-'65 Muncie M20 Four Speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 04:01 AM
MEJ1990TM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTS: 1964-'65 Muncie M20 Four Speed

For sale is an early M20 wide ratio four speed. This transmission has a 2.56 1st gear ratio. For being almost 50 years old I would say this transmission is in above average condition. The engagement teeth on the gears show very little wear. There are no chips, breaks, or cracks on any of the gears. It spins over nice and smooth without any sort of hang up. It also bench shifts into each gear equally smooth.

This is not a “rebuilt” eBay special. It is an honest used transmission. I had everything apart I then cleaned, inspected, and re-assembled with new gaskets, seals, and a tail housing bushing. The bearings ,and synchro rings, were still in real nice shape. The bearings were nice and quiet, and the synchro rings latched onto the gear cones just like they were designed to. There was no reason to replace them. I took the opportunity to upgrade this transmission to the later style synchro assembles. The original assemblies out of this trans had a thicker hub, but a thinner synchro ring. These early rings were prone to breaking. The later design had a thinner hub, but a thicker ,much stronger, synchro ring.

The only real flaw with this transmission is a purely cosmetic thing. There was a small weld repair done to the outer edge of the upper right ear. There was a hairline crack that had formed, so I had it welded up. This is no way will alter the performance of the transmission. The structural integrity of the ear was not compromised in any way. The picture makes it look worse than it really is. The casting numbers on the trans are as follows:

Main Case- 3851325
Tail Housing- 3486429
Side Cover- 3884685

This four speed is ready to be filled with oil and stuck in your vehicle. Asking $650, but will entertain reasonable offers. Feel free to call, text, or E-mail with any questions. My number is (Seven Six Zero)803-7240. My name is Mike.

Here is a link to the remaining pictures:

http://s160.photobucket.com/user/MEJ...20Four%20Speed
Old 09-04-2014, 03:56 PM
MEJ1990TM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trans has been sold.

Quick Reply: WTS: 1964-'65 Muncie M20 Four Speed