Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

WTB: 1965 sb ignition shield in rough condition

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 05:40 PM
EAAR
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1965 sb ignition shield in rough condition

I am looking to buy a distributor shield for a 1965 small block. It can be in rough condition because I am going to paint it. I have blacked out all the chrome on my 65 and all I need is the distributor shield. I have headers so I don't want the lower shields.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:33 AM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,333 Posts

Originally Posted by EAAR
I am looking to buy a distributor shield for a 1965 small block. It can be in rough condition because I am going to paint it. I have blacked out all the chrome on my 65 and all I need is the distributor shield. I have headers so I don't want the lower shields.
I have a rough small block distributor shield that was on my '65 when I bought it. I have acquired a complete correct shielding set so it will not be going back on and is available.

PM me if you're still looking for one.

Kevin
Old 07-22-2017, 03:21 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,333 Posts

I couldn't figure out how to send a picture in PMs so I'm putting them here.

The one for sale - it turns out it is a late 1963 style - I looked it up, but it fits a 1965. The difference is three metal rivets on the top instead of two or plastic rivets. The throttle relief has some small bending by a prior owner.

You may see my new one in the background.

This is the back side. My new one is in the background.

This is a closeup of the area around the throttle opening that is a bit bent up. It could easily be bent back by someone with care and skill - or cut out.

I hope this helps. Now I'll go back to PMs

Get notified of new replies

To 1965 sb ignition shield in rough condition

Quick Reply: WTB: 1965 sb ignition shield in rough condition