Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dewitt Discount????

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Just placed my order. Now maybe I can get rid of the mech. fan and install the spreader bar.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Daffy2
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Tom's rad.

Fellas, open your wallets. I put one of Tom's radiators in two years back and it's one of the finest products I ever bought. Perfect fit and flawless cooling. I have an absolutely stock install, no extra fans and run a zz430 at 190 degrees on the hottest days at any speed.
Thanks, Tom.

Daffy
Old 03-18-2005, 07:39 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Daffy2
Fellas, open your wallets. I put one of Tom's radiators in two years back and it's one of the finest products I ever bought. Perfect fit and flawless cooling. I have an absolutely stock install, no extra fans and run a zz430 at 190 degrees on the hottest days at any speed.
Thanks, Tom.

Daffy
Thank You!
Old 03-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Ryan77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A C
Tom, all the comments you make on the board and your support of the forum are earning you future customers, even if they aren't buying a radiator right now. Don't feel like you are wasting your time here. My next radiator will be from you.
I have to agree. I plan to get a radiator/fan combo from Dewitt's in the next couple of months.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:54 PM
petty44
Racer

well since I started this thread, I finally ordered my radiator I'm sure it will cost me more in the long run with the wife thanks Tom, I can't wait to get It.. every little bit helps butch
Old 04-01-2005, 02:56 PM
C371
Advanced

Tom,

Did the wiring harnesses come in? I can't wait for my new direct fit and dual spals to come in

Thanks,
Dale
Old 04-01-2005, 03:39 PM
olouieo
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C371
Tom,

Did the wiring harnesses come in? I can't wait for my new direct fit and dual spals to come in

Thanks,
Dale
I got an email from Tom stating that the wiring harnesses won't ship untill late next week.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:28 PM
77TSi-meez
Racer

Originally Posted by Tom DeWitt
Ok, now we are beginning to see some action and some good questions.

First to answer this one. Other radiator companies develop a "package" and make everyone use this one package. I don't think that's they right way to do it. Just because you want dual fans doesn't mean you give up your right to have a true direct fit radiator. So the way we handle it, you simply order two items. First, pick the correct radiator from the list of "Direct Fit" rads, then add the fan kit (SP460) from the "Fans & Combo" group. We will take the two numbers and mount them together. All the wiring, relays, switch, etc are included in the package.

So for a 76 manual trans, I'd use the A73M radiator ($495) and the SP460 fan kit ($395) and that totals $890, done.

Now onto another item, "pay attention" because everyone seems to miss this. I CANNOT CHANGE THE WEBSITE ADDING THE FREIGHT. After you place an order the website automatically acknowledges the order back to your email address. It will show freight charges. YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED THIS. That is where I come in. I will process the orders and any order with CFGP in the name will be exempt from paying freight. This is typically $42 off.

The free freight is available on fans, rads and combo's.

Tom what discount for pick up?
Old 04-02-2005, 06:51 AM
Gordonm
Race Director

Originally Posted by olouieo
I got an email from Tom stating that the wiring harnesses won't ship untill late next week.
I guess tha tis why mine is not here either. He said the relays were delayed in getting to him so it will be a little while.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:39 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Gordonm
I guess tha tis why mine is not here either. He said the relays were delayed in getting to him so it will be a little while.
Spal is having real problems. First it was the relays and now it's the temp switch. So yesterday I began shipping all the backorders for radiator/dual fan combo's with everything except the switch. This will allow you to get started with the install. In fact, you can actually use it that way by just grounding the temp switch wire. The fans will run all the time, but I hope to mail the switches in another week. I'm going to ship some of the SP460 fan kits that way too until we run out of harnesses. This should all be cleared up in a couple weeks.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Thanks for the update. I'm in no big hurry at the moment, house renovations. When ever it gets here is OK. I'm in sales myself and know how frustrating back orders can get.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:39 PM
C371
Advanced

Tom, Thanks for the update!
Old 04-05-2005, 01:26 AM
memLT-1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tom DeWitt
Well, Jay called and after a great conversation I agreed to drop the shipping charges. FREE SHIPPING! I know that's not a real big deal but I think most of you acknowledge our "Direct Fit" line to be the best out there and at $495 they are probably cheaper already, so the free shipping should help get you off the fence. Keep in mind, this offer is only for our "Direct Fit" line and not the "Restoration" radiators. It is only for CF members and it would be helpful if you ordered from the website. Just use CFGP as a middle name and I will override the shipping changes on my end. Offer good thru March 2005. td
Are you sure you don't mean thru april?
Old 04-05-2005, 04:39 AM
81 Vette
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '05
First C3 General Poster!

believe it or not it gets scary hot in my part of Canada (not Ontario) in the summer...100+ for easily 2 months or more.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:47 AM
Razorhorn
Pro

Tom:
A friend of mine and I installed the radiator and a new fan clutch this weekend and my cooling problems are solved. The radiator fit perfectly. My car is an auto with AC.

For the guys that have never done this before, the only problems you're going to have is getting the fan shroud installed properly without damaging the radiator, and resisting the tempataion to cut the shroud in half. There is a way to do it - but I don't want to ever have to do it again.

In the near future, I want to go ahead and install a Spal electric fan. Can I install a fan kit without pulling the radiator? I like the idea of having more room up front to work with, and not having the fan draw power from the engine (there IS a difference in the car's performance with the new fan clutch).
Old 04-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Graemeinvette
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought my rad and twin spal fans last year, still not installed yet (See sig) but look the dogs whatsits!! A great product from a good forum supporter/member.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:34 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Razorhorn
Tom:
. Can I install a fan kit without pulling the radiator? I like the idea of having more room up front to work with, and not having the fan draw power from the engine (there IS a difference in the car's performance with the new fan clutch).
Q1.The quickest way is to get out the saber saw and cut that bastard (shroud) in half.

Q2 I don't think there is a big HP saving. You going to transfer the load to the alterator.

Last edited by Tom@Dewitt; 04-06-2005 at 08:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Dewitt Discount????