Sponsored by:

Replacement interior parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 03:18 AM
63vert
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Replacement interior parts

Anybody have a line on replacement or custom interior parts? I've looked at corvette central, eckler's and mid america and they all look about the same. I'm starting on putting the interior back soon and some of the pieces just don't look that great anymore now that the paint is done. I leaning toward doing something custom if it doesn't break the bank.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:53 AM
gofastvette
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently found from other forum members suggestions that the top of the line and best new interiors are made By Al Knoch. All NCRS correct down to the last detail. They also recommemded a forum member, Iron Cross at http://www.nitroalley.net has them available at a special forum member discount. Quick service, no waiting. and great products. Now I too know why the Knoch Interiors are the best. thanks mates
Old 03-28-2005, 07:07 AM
vettfixr
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

It's funny you should post this because I was going to make a topic on this subject. I'm almost through my stereo install which caused me to disassemble about 70% of the interior. I have a number of replacement parts in my 74. These include top dash, right lower dash, shifter console and parking break console, rear upper pads, front header pad, rear header (across the bottom of rear window), and door panels. I've bought these parts over the years as needed. Although the parts I have look very nice they have been quite a chore to install correctly and the gaps between the parts is much more than the originals. If you just looked into my car you wouldn't notice it at first but I could point out many instances where the parts do not mate properly. If you need new parts you don't have much choice as to where you can get them. There are only a few companies making them. But if your original parts are in serviceable condition I would recommend doing whatever you can in order to retain them. Nothing fits as well as the originals.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:09 AM
mfgaffney
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by safire74
Anybody have a line on replacement or custom interior parts? I've looked at corvette central, eckler's and mid america and they all look about the same. I'm starting on putting the interior back soon and some of the pieces just don't look that great anymore now that the paint is done. I leaning toward doing something custom if it doesn't break the bank.
Because of the licensing agreementa with GM, you will find out that most repalcement pieces are done by one vendor. Most interior panels are made by Corvette America in PA. Some are better than others. Over the years I have gotten really excellent door panels, and the next time they are so warped you can hardly get them on the door. Al Knoch has a good reputation.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:11 AM
KALAWAY
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Willcox. Cheapest I've found, and good quality. They also sell some things on ebay.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:38 AM
62fuelie
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KALAWAY
Willcox. Cheapest I've found, and good quality. They also sell some things on ebay.
Wilcox is an excellent sourrce. The sell Corvette America stuff. I like Al Knoch's seat covers, especially, and think they generally use better grade material. Not all the Corvette America stuff is bad, however. In some cases they are the ONLY source, no matter who's selling it.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:51 AM
63vert
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the help, this car started out as a hobby but like many of you know its easy for it to turn into an obsestion. I bought this fixer upper for something to tinker with ( I was into the muscle car thing in my younger days ) and I find myself polishing bolts or adding a polished aluminum oil pan on the trans ( which no one will ever see ). I think I'm hooked

Thanks again.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:36 PM
desertapache
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New seat covers.

Just purchased a set of seat covers and foam for my 68 (Ebay) from Wilcox. They are from Corvette America and are very good quailty.................

Get notified of new replies

To Replacement interior parts

Quick Reply: Replacement interior parts