Has SUMMIT done this to anyone else....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 07:19 PM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Originally Posted by BanGnGearS
Just got in some of my order, still waiting on many more items.

UPS doesn't really seem to concerned on what there packages look like when they get to your door, especially if it is a heavy item. I can recall numerous times I got packages from them and it looked like they parked on my corner and kicked it to my doorstep. As long as i get it and its not broken im Happy.
Exactly right about UPS. I bought a Craftsman lower and middle toolbox combo. Lower was shipped directly from Sears, and when they unloaded it they treated it like it was made of glass. UPS delivered the middle section and when I unpacked it there was a huge gouge in the box. Back it went for a refund. Sears was very good about it and had UPS come the next day and pick it up. No wonder FedEx is cutting into UPS business

Dep
Old 05-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Thanks everyone for the info on Summit. I'm getting ready to place my first order with them and it's nice to know I don't have to worry about it.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:02 PM
JJ Deuce
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buzzardz_vette
Thanks everyone for the info on Summit. I'm getting ready to place my first order with them and it's nice to know I don't have to worry about it.
I've always had good experience with them.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Clint's C3
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Summit Doesn't Suck, at least this time

I recently had a positive experience with these guys.

So, my son and I are installing a set of headers on his 1995 T/A and we discover the previous owner, or the shop he took it too, has stripped out one of the plug holes. In a classic case of the "While I'm at it" scenario, I ended up with a 3 angle valve job, milled and pocket ported heads as well as having the bad plug hole sleeved. The "while I'm at it" continued with a set of 1.6 ratio roller rockers ordered from Summit.

I was running short of time so I had a local shop do the R & R on the heads. They called me and let me know one of the rocker arms was defective. I'm out of town and getting very impatient with this whole situation so I called Summit to see if they could send a replacement. I was told unfortunately I had purchased the last set of that type. I kept my cool but advised it was very freaking unfortunate as the car was torn down and needed this rocker arm to run. The Summit customer service was conscientious enough to cross reference to another more expensive but equivalent part and ship it overnight express to the garage. He also said don't worry about returning the defective part. Sure enough the rocker arm showed up by 10:00 the next day and the car was put back together.

I've probably ordered parts from them at least a dozen times, I have quite a collection of Summit stickers and catalogs, and have never had a problem.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Pauld
Melting Slicks

I just had over $2K worth of parts from them, they shipped on time and were really helpful when I called for some advice. They will get my repeat business for sure. Haven't fitted the parts yet, but the fun begins tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:25 PM
JJ Deuce
Race Director

Originally Posted by Clint's C3
I've probably ordered parts from them at least a dozen times, I have quite a collection of Summit stickers and catalogs, and have never had a problem.
No joke. I like stickers, but I'm running out of places for the Summit stickers.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:32 PM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'07

In an earlier post in this thread I mentioned that an engine stand I got from Summit was missing a handle. They shipped the handle out within 3 days and apologized for the loss. I WILL be a repeat customer!!!

Dep
Old 05-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Bangkok Dean
Le Mans Master

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I have bought lots from Summit and found them very helpfull. Only problem was credit card from USA and shipping to Thailand. But after two phone calls this was resolved.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:38 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Bought lots of stuff, and returned a little bit of it. Never had a problem. The only problem I have with Summit is that they're not local.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:51 PM
isosceles
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=DJ Dep. No wonder FedEx is cutting into UPS business

Dep[/QUOTE]
I'd never use FEDex ground. I sold a pair of T tops, one broken, one not. I used the SAME EXACT packaging that I received the new tops in which arrived via UPS intact. I sent my old pair out Fedex ground and, you guessed it, BOTH tops were broken. Then they told me that they'd only insure it for $100 even though I specifically stated $250 on the declared value. There is some small print on the back, but the FEdex clerk didn't make me aware of it, even though I pointed out the declared value.

MAD shipped my chambered exhaust via Fedex ground. You should've seen the box. good thing pipes are hard to damage.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:48 PM
LIQUIDDRAGON
Melting Slicks

i have received that letter from summit twice in the past year out of maybe 20 different orders that i made with them but they have always has the customer service and have never had any complaints other than that so they will keep me coming back to them whenever i need parts that they carry
Old 05-08-2005, 03:28 PM
lostpatrolman
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd never use FEDex ground. I sold a pair of T tops, one broken, one not. I used the SAME EXACT packaging that I received the new tops in which arrived via UPS intact. I sent my old pair out Fedex ground and, you guessed it, BOTH tops were broken. Then they told me that they'd only insure it for $100 even though I specifically stated $250 on the declared value. There is some small print on the back, but the FEdex clerk didn't make me aware of it, even though I pointed out the declared value.

MAD shipped my chambered exhaust via Fedex ground. You should've seen the box. good thing pipes are hard to damage.
Could you elaborate on the small print issue with declared value and what they will actually insure for? Last time I asked about insuring some stuff I was sending, they said they dont do insurance only declared value. Then after asking if that was teh same thing as insurance only different terminology they gave me some confusing reply that never actually answered my question.

Quick Reply: Has SUMMIT done this to anyone else....