Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone painted their fan shroud?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Glassbowtie77
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Has anyone painted their fan shroud?

If so, what did you use and how did you prep it so that the finish holds up? I have a new radiator support and a new radiator, the shroud looks old and crappy so I would like it to freshen it up and make it look as good the the support and radiator. Anyone have any ideas on what to use that looks good and lasts?
Old 04-14-2005, 10:44 AM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by supervette77
If so, what did you use and how did you prep it so that the finish holds up? I have a new radiator support and a new radiator, the shroud looks old and crappy so I would like it to freshen it up and make it look as good the the support and radiator. Anyone have any ideas on what to use that looks good and lasts?

this is what i did,using rustoleum satin black on the shroud and gray spray piant on the core support, gloss black on the radiator

[IMG][/IMG] the shroud

then covered the broken part with this
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Looks great bobs77vet, wish mine looked as good. I also think I may be do for a new rad, the fins are abit loose.

P.S. I see you made sure you got a pic of those gloves, you using rubber these day?????????

Do tell.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:00 AM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by Maymyvetteliveforevr
Looks great bobs77vet, wish mine looked as good. I also think I may be do for a new rad, the fins are abit loose.

P.S. I see you made sure you got a pic of those gloves, you using rubber these day?????????

Do tell.

thats my kid...he had a date that night and didn't want his hands to be all dirty..... mostly i use nothing or the mechanix gloves if theres a good likely hood of me slipping off a wrench and smashing my hand into something.....like when i had something tightened in the vise once and the wrench slipped and i hit the vise with all my force....ouch that hurt so after the thousandth time of doing that i ralized gloves could be a good idea in certain situations
Old 04-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Default That's what I would have said bobs77vet.

Years ago I couldn't work with gloves, and now I don't want to work without them. My wife also tells me that she prefers I wear them when I'm at work, if you know what I mean!
Old 04-14-2005, 11:42 PM
SLine78
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try wiping it down with TurtleWax 2001 Super Protectant. Does a great job of removing that white oxidated look on aged plastic. I was amazed the first time I used it. I had a fan shroud that I puchased off a forum member. It was nice but looked like an old but good shroud. Wiped it down with 2001 Super Protectant and my friends just assumed I had gotten a new one.

Mike
Old 04-15-2005, 03:08 AM
NotPopz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my radiator shroud powder coated black.

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone painted their fan shroud?

Quick Reply: Has anyone painted their fan shroud?