Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one try those electric headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 05:58 AM
pinky
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one try those electric headlights?

Is anyone familar with the MCSpeed conversions that use Firebird electric motors and mount them on C-3 Vettes? I'm think I'm going to try them, but I would like to get some input weither good or bad on them first. A google search would find the website for those who have not heard of them.

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2005, 09:25 PM
TZ Racer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pinky
Is anyone familar with the MCSpeed conversions that use Firebird electric motors and mount them on C-3 Vettes? I'm think I'm going to try them, but I would like to get some input weither good or bad on them first. A google search would find the website for those who have not heard of them.

Thanks!
We have them in our car and they work great! We were one of the first to install them. We may have been the beta test as Chris helped install them. This is a picture of the motor installation

Old 05-08-2005, 08:47 AM
pinky
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. I plan to purchase the kit in about two weeks. But it's always nicer to have positive opions. Any tricks or secrets? Were do you get the motors and how much?
Old 05-08-2005, 04:24 PM
TZ Racer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pinky
Thanks for the input. I plan to purchase the kit in about two weeks. But it's always nicer to have positive opions. Any tricks or secrets? Were do you get the motors and how much?
You may be able to get the motors from Chris or he can tell you which ones work best and where to get them.

They are not hard to install. You'll have to make one cut in the headlight housing, but it won't show, so you can even put it back to original later if you want.

Get notified of new replies

To Any one try those electric headlights?

Quick Reply: Any one try those electric headlights?