Sponsored by:

BIG swap meets w/NOS stuff

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 12:19 PM
b dub 1321
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG swap meets w/NOS stuff

i live in texas and would like some info or suggestions on some big swap meets ( that are not too far away ) with lots of nos stuff and vintage corvette parts. i'm not looking for anything in particular for my 78 pace but my brother has a 70 454/390, and our father has a 65 327/300, and we would like to just stroll around a swap meet and look. i'm not that concerened about there being a big car show at the same time.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:46 PM
stingry
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

dub,

I have been to some of the biggest in country (Corvettes at Carlisle and Moultree, Georgia), I am sure there are bigger.

What did I learn? You can do a lot of walking, diggin and rummaging and still not find the right part.

Try ebay for small stuff. Post a WANTED post under the parts section on here. Then if that is no joy start calling the BIG used parts guys. Bairs is good. Corvetteworx has the odd used part. Paragon can get almost anything at a price and by all account is is good quality. Try your local junkyards and local corvette dealers (old school type) and local corvette clubs.

Save your gas money, hotel money and a lot of anquish and let your fingers do the walking first. If you are after LOTS of parts then sure go to the swapmeets. Swapmeets are like treasure hunts. You just have to make sure you get the parts before someone else and there is no guarantee the parts will even be there. It can be fun but don't always expect to find what you are after.

Good luck in your searching.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:06 PM
early shark
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe Bloomington Gold Corvette swap meet is closer to Texas, than Corvettes @ Carlisle swap meet.

I go to both, and they are a lot of fun!
Old 05-29-2005, 10:16 AM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

I go to Corvette EXPO in Knoxville every year (sometimes twice) and have for 20 years. Great place to spend a day and meet a few old friends or buy a ball cap and T shirt........

The older C-3 original parts dried up years ago, the new ones are cheaper from internet sales like Wilcox or Last Detail and E-bay. Hard to find parts are found at Doc ReBuilds or Paragon and as stated above with less overall expense. Last Detail is usually there and even then most of the parts they offer you are shipped to you the next week.

I go to shows anymore to see people and their cars and I may pick up a part or two, but usually there isn't anything that is a real bargain to get. I guess the last thing I bought of significance there were fiberglass parts from Vanacor. That was a good savings with show prices and no crate or shipping cost, but since Bryan was killed by his son they no longer make the shows.

We had parts available from nice salvage C-3s years ago but they are far and very few between anymore. I have a better availability of hard to find used parts right here on the forum than anywhere. Just post it over in the C3 Parts section and if it's out there someone will speak up with one or tell you where to find it . Now that's nationwide coverage. jim
Old 05-29-2005, 11:40 AM
jcswm
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stingry
dub,

I have been to some of the biggest in country (Corvettes at Carlisle and Moultree, Georgia), I am sure there are bigger.

What did I learn? You can do a lot of walking, diggin and rummaging and still not find the right part.

Try ebay for small stuff. Post a WANTED post under the parts section on here. Then if that is no joy start calling the BIG used parts guys. Bairs is good. Corvetteworx has the odd used part. Paragon can get almost anything at a price and by all account is is good quality. Try your local junkyards and local corvette dealers (old school type) and local corvette clubs.

Save your gas money, hotel money and a lot of anquish and let your fingers do the walking first. If you are after LOTS of parts then sure go to the swapmeets. Swapmeets are like treasure hunts. You just have to make sure you get the parts before someone else and there is no guarantee the parts will even be there. It can be fun but don't always expect to find what you are after.

Good luck in your searching.
100%
I've spent an entire day at the Moultree swap meet hoping to find items for my car... all I got was a cool License plate!!

Get notified of new replies

To BIG swap meets w/NOS stuff

Quick Reply: BIG swap meets w/NOS stuff