Sponsored by:

Disapointing Dyno Run

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 09:19 PM
JoeRags
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Disapointing Dyno Run

So, I took my car up to a local dyno shop for a nice tune up. Its a chassis dyno, though does not use rollers. One of the machines you take the rear wheels off, and bolt the dyno directly to the hub. My best reading was 214.17 rwhp at 4500 rpm. We did not run it past 4500 because I believe my clutch is slipping. Its a brand new 383, with a Centerforce Dual Friction. Once this is fixed, and we do a pull running up to 6000 I'm hoping for mid 300's at the rear wheels. How do I adjust my clutch so it dosnt slip??? PLEASE HELP... this is an embarassing number. I dont like it.

Thanks guys

Joe
Old 05-28-2005, 10:32 PM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

it does seem like you can do better then that....first do you believe the numbers? perhaps the machine was wrong.....but assuming the machine is right, are you getting WOT with your linkages? on my new engine set up, i have pruposefully made it so you can't hit WOT with the floor mat in place....did it to slow it down. also sounds like you need to fine tune some stuff. what was the torque numbers? how long did you break the engine in for before the dyno run? good luck in getting it squared away, look at this way you already suspect the clutch so maybe it will be simple....

Last edited by bobs77vet; 05-28-2005 at 10:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Disapointing Dyno Run