Sponsored by:

Tunnel Heat shield...past post?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 02:33 AM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tunnel Heat shield...past post?

I read on this forum ( I had it on favorites) where someone put this very thin heat shield on there intire tunnel. Needless to say, I can not find it now. Would anyone know where that post is? The member displayed it on his car without the engine in. Looked real nice and I'm sure sufficient. Thanks Don
Old 07-23-2005, 08:41 AM
LS-Five
East bound and down...
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is the most recent discussion of this topic: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...e&forum_id=119

I decided to use the zero clearance instead of the factory insulation. I have a piece of the factory insulation that I ordered, but did not use. ( Although it made a great pattern for me to go by ) I would highly recommend the zero clearance. WARNING it is a little hard to work with once you peel the backing off. Be sure you dont touch it to anything cuz' the adhesive they use is super sticky!
Old 07-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default shield...

LS-Five, That is exactly the post I was referring too... Thank you very much. Did you strip and prime your areas for the shield? Don
Old 07-23-2005, 08:38 PM
LS-Five
East bound and down...
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well... after I pulled out the 4spd I jacked one side of the car up and used a pressure washer and a lot of degreaser. After that the car sat for awhile. So, just right before I stuck the insulation under there I used laquer thinner and wiped the tunnel down just to make just no dust had collected under there, I allowed it to dry then I stuck the insulation in. I am happy with the result thus far.

Get notified of new replies

To Tunnel Heat shield...past post?

Quick Reply: Tunnel Heat shield...past post?