Sponsored by:

Kudos, and many thanks to member KLC

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 08:59 AM
CMYC4GO
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kudos, and many thanks to member KLC

I've had my 91 listed in the C3's for sale section as wanting to trade for a good C3 with not much success. Member KLC (Ken Culwell) approached my about trading for his 82. After countless emails and phone calls to each other, we agreed to meet, and make the trade midway between OKC and Hopkinsville, Ky. After a hard drive for me, since I had worked all night, and had no sleep, we met midway betwwen Memphis and Little Rock. While trying to regain my breath after seeing his gorgeous 82, he informed me that the speedo had broken on the way to the meet. He offered to take the car home, or give me the $ to have it fixed myself. I opted to take the money, and have it fixed. He handed me $300 which completely blew me away!
We made the trade, and I left in my new 82. About 30 miles up the road, I stopped for a bathroom break, and when I got out of the car, I smelled hot oil. It appeared that the pinion seal had blown out of the rearend, and the oil was just pouring out! I immediately called Ken, and he turned around from 60 miles away. He brought my 91 back to me, and called his wife to come get him with a trailer. He then informed me that after he got the 82 fixed, he would deliver it to me himself in OKC if I was still interested.
Now...My point to all this rambling is, a lot of people would have said "Too bad, it's your problem now" and kept on going. Ken has bent over backwards to make sure that I am happy, and to ensure that I am getting the same quality of car that my 91 is. KLC is an asset to this forum, and a good man with a lot of integrity. A lot of guys would have left me sitting on the side of the road....he didn't. My thanks to him.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:16 AM
stingr69
Le Mans Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 807 Posts

Sounds like he was happy to get rid of that '82. After all, who could blame him with all the stuff about to blow up! JUST KIDDING!!!

Glad to see we have such a great community here.

-Mark.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:27 PM
79VetteMike
Melting Slicks

What part of OKC are you in? I live in Midwest City.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:30 PM
Empatho
Melting Slicks

you can find some good people in this forum
Old 07-31-2005, 02:16 PM
KALAWAY
Drifting

Originally Posted by stingr69
Sounds like he was happy to get rid of that '82. After all, who could blame him with all the stuff about to blow up! JUST KIDDING!!!

-Mark.
You should never say something that profound and then say "Just Kidding". There's always some serious in all kidding. You're probably exactly right in your analysis. If he traded for the red '91 in the avatar, he got a nice one.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:43 PM
KLC
Instructor

I only did what any person should have done. The real praise goes to Larry for not calling me any kind of low life critter. Stuff happens with old cars. The transfer may or may not happen but I have met a good person and made another friend thanks to the Corvette Forum. Thanks to everyone and especially Larry.

But the real thanks is to my wife of many years who dropped everything and rescued me at exit 216 on I-40 in Arkansas yesterday and then helped drive my tired butt home. She understands and did not cuss me at all. Things happen and neither Larry nor Jan (my wife and a teriffic sport about all of this Corvette stuff) are cussing me so who could ask for more.

Last edited by KLC; 07-31-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:20 AM
CMYC4GO
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by stingr69
Sounds like he was happy to get rid of that '82. After all, who could blame him with all the stuff about to blow up! JUST KIDDING -Mark.
That's just wrong. Who could know that a seal is about ready to take a crap on you. The whole intent of this thread, was to point out that there are still some good guys out there. If Ken was so happy to get rid of that 82, as you put it, I would still probably be stuck on I-40 in BFE, Arkansas. He had my car, my title, and by rights, could have told me to p*** up a rope. The deal was done. No, I don't believe there was ANY malicious intent on his part. To say that 82 is pristine would be an understatement. S*** happens to all of us on occasion.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Olddad
Racer

KLC is all right

Get notified of new replies

To Kudos, and many thanks to member KLC

Quick Reply: Kudos, and many thanks to member KLC