Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know what really chaps my ass?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 11:10 PM
surfshark
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well you may at least be more popular with the girls' fathers. No back seat in a 'Vette.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Bangkok Dean
Le Mans Master

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by surfshark
Well you may at least be more popular with the girls' fathers. No back seat in a 'Vette.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Buffalo Dude
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by stingraydriver74
i'm a senior in highschool ...
Well there's your problem right there.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Buffalo Dude
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by surfshark
That just means you have to be more creative. Or lay a blanket out on the hood.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Techno
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I care

A ten year old used car wins over a 31 year old classic or vintage or whatever that number of years equals. If that ain't enough its a ragtop!
Old 08-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Bangkok Dean
Le Mans Master

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Buffalo Dude
lay a blanket out on the hood.
Good idea but sometimes that ant so easy

Old 08-10-2005, 11:31 PM
surfshark
Pro

Originally Posted by Buffalo Dude
Or lay a blanket out on the hood.
That's okay so long as you don't prefer the more buxom ladies.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Buffalo Dude
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Bangkok Dean

Well, I suppose you could use it for, uh, support.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:35 PM
surfshark
Pro

Isn't there some kind of "butterfly" maneuver they talked about on Seinfeld?
Old 08-10-2005, 11:58 PM
GGWOODY
Melting Slicks

Location: Buena Park, CA I seem to have left my electrolytes with your daughter

High School popularity means crap man!! Enjoy your '74...I drove an '81 VW rabbit diesel in HS, so you got me beat by a mile. In the end, life moves on, you won't remember a lot of HS because college and carreer will have given you more profound experiences.

Love yer ride, it looks sweet and it's a classic.

The C3 made me fall in love with Vettes, I'm wantin' a '69 or a '72, even though i have a C6, I still envy you
Old 08-11-2005, 12:53 AM
James B
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by stingraydriver74
i'm a senior in highschool and a proud owner of a very clean but bone stock 74 convertible. and i was sure i was gonna be voted with best car until my best friend got a 95 Z28 red with ttops, 6 speed, and a stronger LT-1, leather seats, the works, and he'll prolly get best car. but don't they realized that for what we paid on the vette i coulda bought 2 camaros and some change left. sorry man but that drives me up the wall. I got plans to put some real power to mine but i doubt i'd have her ready to prove herself before school gets goin good. if ya'll got any comforting words i could use em.

take it easy

Brad

Brad, I Understand exactly what you are saying. I drove my 73 vette to school every day and a black bmw on "dubs" won the best car. The guy was pretty much the head drug dealer at the school, I dont even know why he came 2 class. The only reason I wanted to win is so id get a color picture of my vette in the yearbook. Im telling you, All those kids that voted for that 95 camaro drive hondas.

Every time I drove my car to school I would get at least one person every afternoon tell me it was a sweet car, or to revv it up. Sitting in class everytime I hear my keys shift in my pocket I would start thinking about my vette...smoking the tires...big blocks..drag racing...forum members vettes like grandsportC3's...
Who cares if tat dudes got a camaro..you are in high school with a Stingray and thats pretty damn cool. Enjoy your senior year...and get all your hard classes out of the way early because trust me, senioritis hits you and it hits you HARD

James
Old 08-11-2005, 01:10 AM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

When I was a senior in high school I drove a 49 Olds Coupe...paid $75 dollars for it...anyway,just having a car was a winner...
Old 08-11-2005, 01:42 AM
younggunn
Intermediate

Some of the best memories of my highschool days came when my dad and i restored my 1972 chevy stepside. We did a frame up restoration on that truck; fresh paint, new oak boards in the bed, new interior, rebuilt the 350 in her. That was my first true vehicle in highschool and i got tons of complements on her. I love that truck and i still have it. I wouldnt sell it for the world. It gave me and my dad alot of time to get to know each other alot better and he really taught me alot. Im 21 and in college now and i own a red 95z28 in really great shape and am on the hunt for a C3. Like i said i own a 95z28 and although the car makes a great daily driver i dont consider it even in the same class as the C3. If i owned a C3 vert in highschool id be going crazy. And dont worry about what other people think because as long as your happy thats all that matters. Its amazing how quickly you lose touch with everyone you went to highschool with so if i were you id drive that vette with pride and not give a dang what they thought.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:08 AM
cptkirk32
Racer

In high school and you have a vette! I had a old AMC Gremlin! In-line 6, with a rust hole thru the dr/side rear floor(was good to hide the beer if you got pulled over ).
SGT Kirk
Old 08-11-2005, 05:03 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Take your Vette to a classic car event and see what car they drool over

Is that guy doing a tune up for you Dean?
Old 08-11-2005, 06:07 AM
lil ski
Instructor

But the real question is does the camaro guy have the mullet to go with the car. Don't worry about who wins what you still have a vette and your in high school I had to wait untill I was 35.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:13 AM
ismithlj
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How does a high school kid afford a 74 vette? When I was in high school the least of my worries was wether I would win best car. I would have been thrilled to drive a vette in high school. I worked all through high school and all I could afford was a 1970 Olds cutlass that had spent most of its life as a rent a wreck. After 4 years and lots of blood and sweat, it was a pretty sweet looking car though.

Get notified of new replies

To you know what really chaps my ass?

Old 08-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Red73
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

1. You need to wipe better!

2. Listen to Norval even thought he is sounding like one of your parents. I know, as a senior in HS you know everything and your parents don't have a clue. Remember, parents were in HS once, SOS different day.

3. When you are older and you're putting your vette in car shows you'll experience the same thing. Why did that vette take 1st place, I know my car is the best!

4. Get great grades in HS, it's very competitive to get into the better colleges/universities.

5. Life won't end if your cars pic is not in the year book. Year book, Honey, do you know where my yearbook is? The grand kids want to see grandpa with a ponytail! I can't remember the last time the yearbook came out of the attic. Cool for you today, bragging rights tomorrow, in the scheme of life, won't matter in the long run.

6. Have fun in HS, get great grades, focus on tomorrow.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Glass Act
Melting Slicks

Location: 406ci SB, AFR 180 Heads - 490 HP @5,600 RPM 529 lb-ft @ 4,100 RPM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A 95 Camaro vs 74 Vette, I'll buy you a 96 Camaro Vette pink slip if you think this will make you cool in high school. You sign the 74 Vette pink slip over to me. All of the above is great advise, take it. For those of us who own a Corvette (many years since High School) not only do we enjoy our cars, but enjoyed the many hours it took to bring them back near perfect condition. For me it was to capture a piece of my youth and hold onto it, through driving a Vette on a warm summer night once again. P.S. My grandson is 6 and he thinks Grampa has the coolest car, he'd jump into my Corvette before he even look twice at a 95 Camaro.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:17 AM
stingraydriver74
Instructor

alright fellows, you all have very good points, thanks for showin me what an idiot i've been. I do still think mines the best so who cares. I was so worked up about that camaro i didn't stop and look at all the other classmates cars. as for the "how can a highschooler afford a 74 vette" well I build wind tunnel models and RPV's (remote piloted vehicles) for the different branches of the armed services with my dad. he does have to help me some with insurance and all but i chip in my fair share.

Quick Reply: you know what really chaps my ass?