Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know what really chaps my ass?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 09:11 PM
stingraydriver74
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default you know what really chaps my ***?

i'm a senior in highschool and a proud owner of a very clean but bone stock 74 convertible. and i was sure i was gonna be voted with best car until my best friend got a 95 Z28 red with ttops, 6 speed, and a stronger LT-1, leather seats, the works, and he'll prolly get best car. but don't they realized that for what we paid on the vette i coulda bought 2 camaros and some change left. sorry man but that drives me up the wall. I got plans to put some real power to mine but i doubt i'd have her ready to prove herself before school gets goin good. if ya'll got any comforting words i could use em.

take it easy

Brad
Old 08-10-2005, 09:19 PM
gr8whte
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

You got a vette, he gots a camaro, nuff said
Old 08-10-2005, 09:20 PM
R. Bruno
Drifting

I don't know think this will comfort you, but, I can tell you that will look back on this time as a high school senior and marvel at how simple life was when this was actually a concern!

Now some more useful advice - take a poll at school and see which car the girls would rather ride in - therein lies the answer to which is coolest
Old 08-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Empatho
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by gr8whte
You got a vette, he gots a camaro, nuff said
Vette > camaro
Old 08-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Cali,68,L-79
Le Mans Master

Better get used to it. When you get out in the real world you'll have guys with $90,000 Porsche etc. showing up. I can't afford 100K cars so I don't worry about who shows who up. Personally I don't care anymore. It's about your car and your car, nothing and no one else matters.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You didn't buy it for that I hope. Many teens are probably familiar w/ the Camaros. You have a unique sports car. We are all different.
I would not be concerned about what others think & only be concerned w/ being fastest. I was Record Holder at the strip & never told anyone at HS.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:35 PM
ngcolby
Pro

If you are so worried about it, sell your 74, and go buy yerself a '06 Z06 vert (they even make one of these?) and go win this silly popularity contest.

If this sounds like a stupid idea to you because you like the vette you have, try to understand the reason behind your thinking....that who cares what other people think...if it makes you happy, that's what counts! Your life gets much simpler when you believe this and start living it...If others agree with you, that's just gravy.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:35 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ganey
You didn't buy it for that I hope. Many teens are probably familiar w/ the Camaros. You have a unique sports car. We are all different.
I would not be concerned about what others think & only be concerned w/ being fastest. I was Record Holder at the strip & never told anyone at HS.
A 74 corvette is not exactly fast, not exactly a great riding car and the brakes are iffy, the steering twitchy but you can say I drive a corvette.
Personally I think the camaro is alot better car.
Concentrate on your schooling. In the long run it will get you any car you want if you really apply yourself. School is not about being the coolest, the fastest , it is about learning.
Learn that lesson before it is too late. The nerds get the best jobs. The jocks get minimum wage.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by norvalwilhelm
A 74 corvette is not exactly fast, not exactly a great riding car and the brakes are iffy, the steering twitchy but you can say I drive a corvette.
Personally I think the camaro is alot better car.
Concentrate on your schooling. In the long run it will get you any car you want if you really apply yourself. School is not about being the coolest, the fastest , it is about learning.
Learn that lesson before it is too late. The nerds get the best jobs. The jocks get minimum wage.
Well said. I keep telling my son that. The kids that are nerds now are the ones running the companies and making $$$ now. What seems important in high school does not matter in the real world. Drive your Vette proudly and enjoy it. Don't always envy what someone else has.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:56 PM
fast idle
Pro

listen to norvil... have whatever car you want after college.
unless you knock someone up and get married
keep the vette tho,that way you got somewhere to hide(in the garage)when she starts nagging.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Aflac
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In 5, 6 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

don't let it get to ya.. it's nothing more than a popularity contest... most people that are voting probably couldn't tell a corvette from a Yugo.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:14 PM
chris75stingray
Burning Brakes

i know what you mean. but you could have a 69 zl1 and they would probably still like the camaro better.but those people are idiots, they know nothing about cars, and probably only like the camaro because its "newer".
Old 08-10-2005, 10:22 PM
skydaddy
Burning Brakes

A buddy of mine pull up to a quick stop in his '65 and the young girl behind the counter asked what kind of car it was. He said that is was a Corvette and she argued with him about it not being a Corvette. He finally had to give up and leave.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:22 PM
KW
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm feeling small or old(50) , did not own my first vette until i was 28 ,when i was in HS i drove a 64 chev truck with a inline six it was all beat up,needed paint, had one of those woven seat covers, and this kid has issuses driving a vette
Old 08-10-2005, 10:28 PM
hyprsprt
Burning Brakes

Received 519 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by chris75stingray
i know what you mean. but you could have a 69 zl1 and they would probably still like the camaro better.but those people are idiots, they know nothing about cars, and probably only like the camaro because its "newer".
i dont know about that im 37 and all my son's frinds (highschool kids)think i got the coolest vette and they all wish they have one like it (72 fully restored vert)and my vette moves
Old 08-10-2005, 10:31 PM
fl_rider
Drifting

Default you know what really chaps my ***?

Wet underwear...

Last edited by fl_rider; 08-10-2005 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Too much info
Old 08-10-2005, 10:42 PM
71rdster
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

L88, ZL1, ZR1, LT1, whichever, you have in the eyes of your peers, an old car. There are so many BMW convertibles in the parking lot at my sons school I could puke. He would like to drive my 71 Vette convertible to school once a month, and my new Toyota pickup the rest of the time. This is Texas so pickups are cool too. Don't worry about the popularity contests. If you are not already good at winning them, you probably won't start now. Take care of the Vette, it will increase in value. Odds are the competitions Camaro will not see near as significant increase in value over just the next 5 years.

Orville

Get notified of new replies

To you know what really chaps my ass?

Old 08-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Silver00V6Camaro
Drifting

I have both a 75 vette but with a little more kick in the rear and a 00 v6 camaro. From my experince the vette wins all the time because it is a timeless look and the camaro well the 98 and up have a chrysler looking front end. Also I am a 21 year old college student so I can tell after high school none of this will mean crap to anyone. But then you might get noted as the person with the cool car.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:51 PM
cosmicvette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who cars whos voted best whatever in highschool....big deal!!!!

You own your vette? do you enjoy it? do you have fun? are you happy?
does it put a smile on your face?

thats what matters!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Bangkok Dean
Le Mans Master

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Take your Vette to a classic car event and see what car they drool over

Quick Reply: you know what really chaps my ass?