Sponsored by:

grill brackets on 69 not fitting...help

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 06:26 PM
corvtt1969
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default grill brackets on 69 not fitting...help

im inthe process of returning my car back to a stock front end, as it had recessed lights, pretty much everything has to be redone. while trying to put the front grill brackets in, when bolted to the two holes in the valence, the top will not line up at all with the headlight support as to which it is supposed to screw into. im fairly sure the valence is correct as everything seems to match the photos/drawings in my AIM. and the brackets are new/correct for a 69. anyone have any insight into this problem? thanks
Old 08-12-2005, 11:25 AM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by corvtt1969
im inthe process of returning my car back to a stock front end, as it had recessed lights, pretty much everything has to be redone. while trying to put the front grill brackets in, when bolted to the two holes in the valence, the top will not line up at all with the headlight support as to which it is supposed to screw into. im fairly sure the valence is correct as everything seems to match the photos/drawings in my AIM. and the brackets are new/correct for a 69. anyone have any insight into this problem? thanks
If I remember correctly (I did mine over 2 years ago), they attach to the headlight framework. When you restore your headlights to stock, the attachment hole you need should be there.

Quick Reply: grill brackets on 69 not fitting...help