Wiper Door Bumper Brackets?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 11:00 PM
BBShark
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Default Wiper Door Bumper Brackets?

My car is missing a lot of brackets etc. One that puzzles me is the wiper door bumpers. There is no bracket for the two rubber bumpers (on the underside of the door) to rest on. The only thing holding it in position is the end attachments of the linkage. Anyone have a drawing or picture of what is supposed to be there? I looked all through the AIM and couldn't find anything. Thanks
Old 10-25-2005, 08:18 PM
ksbunting
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I believe you have a 68 if I am correct from reading your post on the NCRS board.
The vacuum wiper door only has two rubber bumpers on the underside that rest on the vent grille when the wiper door is open. The vent grille is the one between the vacuum wiper door and the hood. There are no brackets, not on a 68. I just restored mine and there's only the two rubber bumpers about the size of a quarter.
Kurt
Old 10-25-2005, 08:42 PM
BBShark
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Kurt, I saw your response to my post on the NCRS board. It makes perfect sense now. At the risk of offending the CF, the NCRS tech board is a wealth of information with very helpful people.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:12 PM
ksbunting
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

BBShark,
Both are excellent sources for info. The NCRS board is more geared toward factory original while many on the Corvette Forum like to modify their cars toward their own liking. Both are valid approaches. It took me 10 years to restore my 68 coupe and I wouldn't attempt something like that without the valuable help received from both the Corvette Forum and the NCRS Technical Board forum. I have used both extensively and highly recommend them both. Great people at each site and some are contributors to both.
Good luck with your project
Kurt

Get notified of new replies

To Wiper Door Bumper Brackets?

Quick Reply: Wiper Door Bumper Brackets?