Sponsored by:

71 Seat Belts - Restore or Replace

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 04:42 PM
RAO71
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 71 Seat Belts - Restore or Replace

My dilema is as follows: I have an original set of 71 black lap and shoulder belts that have the original cloth labeling for NCRS and Bloomington type judging, but the belts need to be totally restored, clips. retractors, etc.. not an inexpensive undertaking when the goal is a good Sunday driver grade car. Does anyone know who sells '71 lap and shoulder belts for a Corvette that at least look correct for a reasonable amount of $$ ? I am considering using replacement "look correct" belts and selling the originals on E-Bay. Or does anyone know a good restoration company that won't break the bank on restoring. Thoughts appreciated. Thanks. Rick
Old 10-25-2005, 04:48 PM
71rdster
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Snake Oyl

I have never used these guys so I cannot vouch for their quality or price, but I know they have been doing belt restoration for quite a while.

http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/

Orville
Old 10-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

There quality is very good there price is high. I had them do mine and them promptly took them out and put in Camaro 3 point belts. That only cost me 50 bucks and the belts are better.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Rowdy Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by RAO71
I am considering using replacement "look correct" belts and selling the originals on E-Bay. Or does anyone know a good restoration company that won't break the bank on restoring.
Rick,

In all seriousness, there aren't any inexpensive belt restorers out there that I am aware of... I've been looking for one for years! If they are good, they are expensive (and I think that anyone who has sent belts to ssnake-oyl or similar vendor will back me up on that).

If you don't find someone to restore them and you decide to sell, drop me an e-mail... I'd be interested in making you an offer depending upon their condition.

Regards,

Get notified of new replies

To 71 Seat Belts - Restore or Replace

Quick Reply: 71 Seat Belts - Restore or Replace