Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barn Find In Pa, 1969 What's It Worth ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 10:07 AM
75corvette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Barn Find In Pa, 1969 What's It Worth ?

Barn Find 1969 Coupe What’s It Worth ???
Recently Found In Barn In Pa. 1969, 427 W/trip
Carbs And Aluminum Heads Rated At 435 H.p.
4 Speed, Air Delete, 30 K Original Miles.
Stored In 1978, Stolen In 1980, Recovered In
1980 When Motor Was Rebuilt After Some Damage
Resulted After Being Stolen, Returned To
Storage 1981, Where It Was Found In A Barn.
Intererior Is Perfect, So I Am Told.
Color Is Green W/ Black Interior.
Everything Is Original.
Waiting For Pics.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:14 AM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Most likely nothing. You should give me the address and I will dispose of it properly.

Seriously, what it's worth to me would depend on what needs to be done to it. My guess is the paint will be in "distressed" condition; all the rubber pieces will need to be replaced; the engine will have to be inspected for rust; there will be many things that will need to be replaced. Being a theft recovery, I would also assume that whoever stole the car was not kind to it.

All that being said, it could be a jewel. Are you planning on taking a look at it?

Ken
Old 01-25-2006, 10:19 AM
TedH
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Given fully restored L89's are going for over $100K now, it will be worth restoring even if you have to pay around $20K for it and then spend another $20K.

If you choose to pass on it, drop me a PM. I'd be interested if you are not.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:29 PM
75corvette
Racer

Originally Posted by bb69
All that being said, it could be a jewel. Are you planning on taking a look at it?

Ken
Absolutly, I am going to look at it on Sat. if possible. According to my buddy they started it up and it did run, although I think It should be checked out first after sitting so long, I hope they didn't do any damage starting it.The car belonged to an aquintances of my buddy and he told me about it this morning since he knows I love vettes. Anyway its back in the barn and I'm going up and take some pics. It will need new paint and I suspect new rubber also, but according to my friend who did see it he said it is a numbers matching car.
By the way the gentleman that owned it passed away recently and the family is going over his estate and found hot rods in the barn also.
It a shame he wasn't that old, may he rest in peace.
will let you know what I find.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:40 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

ANOTHER Pennsylvania car/barn story??

please, if ANY state is the lease beleiveable to have that actually happen in, it's Pa......

I smell FRAUD....

GENE
Old 01-25-2006, 12:53 PM
kona
Drifting

If it sounds too good to be true probably is. Seeing is believing keep us updated.

Kona
Old 01-25-2006, 01:38 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

What does "air delete" mean? I guess the most interesting part would be the engine stampings to try to confirm if it is indeed the original engine (as opposed to A numbers matching nonoriginal engine) and the suffix confirms an original L-89. There were only 390 L-89 cars in the 1969 model run, so it could be a valuable car. That BJ auction sure brings out the barn finds don't it!!
Old 01-25-2006, 02:37 PM
TedH
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

You mentioned Hot Rod(s). What other cars does/did he have that may be available? Get pics of them also...
Old 01-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by PRNDL
What does "air delete" mean?....
I was curious about that myself, since AC was an option in '69. You either got it or you didn't; nothing to "delete."

Old 01-25-2006, 03:35 PM
sly vette
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta see these pics.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:36 PM
houstonvett
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by mrvette

please, if ANY state is the lease beleiveable to have that actually happen in, it's Pa......

I smell FRAUD....

GENE
Old 01-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by mrvette

I smell FRAUD....

GENE
why PA. anybody could order any option they wanted in any state execpt CA
Old 01-25-2006, 05:16 PM
rastadr
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

i think you should set up a link so when people click on barrett jackson they go to your ebay auction of the address of the barn. that should be good for 10 or 15 thousand.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:38 PM
75corvette
Racer

O.K. Just got home and will try to address some concerns. first off I don't think this is a fraud. I have known this guy for years and I don't think he would try to fool me. We work at the same company and as soon as he came in he started to tell me about this vette, and when someone wants to talk to me about vettes they have my attention.
He ask me what a car like this is worth and gave me some info. I said I will post on the forum and ask the members if they knew anything about it. If it is what he said it is I will keep you informed. I am still waiting for some pics and more info., what I don't understand by some of the comments is why can't there be vintage corvettes stashed elsewhere in PA. or any other state for that matter. I know of a 68 vette I pass everyday sitting in a yard just rotting away and the owner will not sell it for any amount of money, well that's niether here nor there, I will go see for myself on Sat. and get some pics of the car and the hot rods also. If there's anybody that knows me in the area wants to tag along they are more then welcomed to join me, let me know.
If I get some pics before then I will post them for you.
And I am well aware of the BJ Auction mystique, who isn't unless they live in a cave, but I don't think this is a result of that.
Joe V.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:38 PM
tpi1986
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Sounds like a dream come true

Originally Posted by houstonvett
It this is the real deal, and I hope so for your sake. You are one lucky guy! I would give my right nut for that car, oh wait, I did that once. Damn!

Old 01-25-2006, 05:56 PM
TedH
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 75corvette
O.K. Just got home and will try to address some concerns. first off I don't think this is a fraud. I have known this guy for years and I don't think he would try to fool me. We work at the same company and as soon as he came in he started to tell me about this vette, and when someone wants to talk to me about vettes they have my attention.
He ask me what a car like this is worth and gave me some info. I said I will post on the forum and ask the members if they knew anything about it. If it is what he said it is I will keep you informed. I am still waiting for some pics and more info., what I don't understand by some of the comments is why can't there be vintage corvettes stashed elsewhere in PA. or any other state for that matter. I know of a 68 vette I pass everyday sitting in a yard just rotting away and the owner will not sell it for any amount of money, well that's niether here nor there, I will go see for myself on Sat. and get some pics of the car and the hot rods also. If there's anybody that knows me in the area wants to tag along they are more then welcomed to join me, let me know.
If I get some pics before then I will post them for you.
And I am well aware of the BJ Auction mystique, who isn't unless they live in a cave, but I don't think this is a result of that.
Joe V.

Joe, thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing pics. I'll be travelling but sure would like to have a shot at it if you pass on it OR if there are other rods as your prior post suggested.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Supersportt396
Instructor

Default Vette

I just happen to be in your area. I would love to tag along. Let me know where when you find out.

Get notified of new replies

To Barn Find In Pa, 1969 What's It Worth ?

Old 01-25-2006, 06:07 PM
75corvette
Racer

Originally Posted by Supersportt396
I just happen to be in your area. I would love to tag along. Let me know where when you find out.
O.K. Supersportt396, I will let you know tomorrow what time, preferably in the a.m. My friend is going to set it up tonight and I will know tomorrow morning. I think it's up around the quakertown area. If you need a ride I can pick you up.
I'll take my vette if it's decent Sat., it needs a good run.
Joe V.

Last edited by 75corvette; 01-25-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:26 PM
75corvette
Racer

Originally Posted by TedH
Joe, thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing pics. I'll be travelling but sure would like to have a shot at it if you pass on it OR if there are other rods as your prior post suggested.
Hi TedH,
If this is a significant find and it turns out to be a rare vette worth 100k
restored then it may be way over my head, but I have to check it out, I just hope it's for real and I am not wasting everybody's time, but I think there's something there.
Will keep eveybody posted.
Joe V.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:20 PM
copter
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the 69's have the tripower with the triangle air cleaner?

Quick Reply: Barn Find In Pa, 1969 What's It Worth ?