Complete new brake system

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 12:52 PM
chevyreb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Complete new brake system

Hello,

I need all new brakes in my 69. I am looking to get feedback from you folks here on which companies have quality systems at fair price points. I need eveything from master cylinder to brake pads including all brake lines. I saw a kit in a magazine for around $850 including SS lines and you had to return your old calipers for core charge.

Please post company names and performance / price on systems you may have used or are currently using.

Thanks,

chevyreb
Old 02-02-2006, 01:27 PM
stingray79
Advanced

I use alot of Ecklers parts, best price and good service......Tell you what I just did......a complete brake system on my 79 and a friend on onother forum told me to check out Auto Zone. Guess what not only did they have evertything in stock but the job without the brake lines after cor returns cost right at $380. Ichecked all parts to whats offered in catologs and were the same item #s. I was happy with the products. Corvette Central has a complete kit with everything $489 + S/H
Old 02-02-2006, 01:28 PM
vette4820
Advanced

Muskegon Brakes. Great parts, prices and service.

http://www.muskegonbrake.com/
Old 02-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Ak. Mal
Race Director

Location: Kansas City, MO ...I'd like to go fishing and catch a fishstick. That'd be convenient. - Mitch Hedberg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my calipers from Vette Brakes so that I got the stainless steel pistons and o-ring seals. I bought a power booster/master cylinder combo, 4 rotors, pads and rubber lines from O'reilly's. Grand total for everything was around $650.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:19 PM
71rdster
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Van Steel and Vette Brakes are supporting vendors to the forum, and I am sure most of those on the forum will agree they provide great service and parts, and are reasonably priced as well.

Get notified of new replies

To Complete new brake system

Quick Reply: Complete new brake system