Sponsored by:

What do you think??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Sayfoo
Melting Slicks

Received 453 Likes on 353 Posts

Default What do you think??

I'm in the process of stripping the paint and I've removed the Hooker headers and side pipes. The car is a 69 bb with air. All of the engine side ac parts are gone except for the blower housing on the firewall. I'm about 99.9% sure that I will never reconnect everything, so I'm thinking of removing the blower box also. No need for heat/defrost here, so I thought I'd just block off the firewall with a piece of sheetmetal. Might convert to regular heater later. Only major advantage would be that header bolts would be easier to reach. Disadvantage--not origional. Car is mostly origional, daily driver, but will never be concourse. What would you do???
Old 03-05-2006, 08:00 AM
C3 4ME
Le Mans Master

Received 429 Likes on 307 Posts

I wouldn't do it, just because you never know what the next person might want, especially if you say the car is mostly original. My feeling is do whatever you want to these cars as long as it is 100% reversible .
Old 03-05-2006, 08:35 AM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you do it, keep all your old parts including every nut, screw, tag, etc. That stuff is getting harder to find. BB a/c brackets and idlers are especially expensive.

Get notified of new replies

To What do you think??

Quick Reply: What do you think??