Sponsored by:

Dyno day..

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 09:49 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Dyno day..

Our Corvette/Cobra group decided to have a "Dyno day" today...when we got there,to my surprise,was a C3 forum member....his Vette is in pic's below...can you identify him ?? We both met for first time today,and he recognized me from my 69.....he had just dynoed his vette when we pulled in ..Great guy...very nice Vette...

The red C6 Z06 belongs to a friend,along with the green Cobra...lot of pulls done today.about seven vettes from our group.....I did not dyno mine,as had to go get parts...will dyno another day...
Rich
Old 03-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Sprzout
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I THOUGHT that was your C3 I saw in front of the Dyno Shop today...

I was gonna stop in and look under the hood at your 502, but I didn't have time when I first passed by on the way to visit the grandmother, and when I came back it looked like everyone was gone.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran

whad the green cobra dyno at?
Old 03-04-2006, 10:41 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Originally Posted by Corz
whad the green cobra dyno at?
He has a 351 Winsor...think it did like 280 rwhp and similar on torque..but he had a lean condition starting at before 4000 and continuing to 5500.....his torque curve was almost flat..I did not take notes,but will have numbers later on the C6 Z06...etc....
Rich
Old 03-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran

thats aweful low for a windsor motor

my friend has a 351C in his 66gt that put out 380wheel..
Old 03-04-2006, 10:49 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Originally Posted by Sprzout
I THOUGHT that was your C3 I saw in front of the Dyno Shop today...

I was gonna stop in and look under the hood at your 502, but I didn't have time when I first passed by on the way to visit the grandmother, and when I came back it looked like everyone was gone.
Funny..had to leave my hood open as everyone and their brother wanted to see the engine...
That shop is great....they even cooked hamburgers for those who did pulls today..think it was $40 for two pulls..plus they briefed owners on what adjustments were needed,etc...good reputation in our area...
Old 03-04-2006, 11:05 PM
71SoCal
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rihwoods
Our Corvette/Cobra group decided to have a "Dyno day" today...when we got there,to my surprise,was a C3 forum member....his Vette is in pic's below...can you identify him ?? We both met for first time today,and he recognized me from my 69.....he had just dynoed his vette when we pulled in ..Great guy...very nice Vette...
Rich
Hey...isn't that 71SoCal's vette? I agree, he really is a great guy!!!

Yes, that was a lot of fun today! That's the first time I've been to one of those. I was the first car of the day to run. My stock small block ran up to 200 hp/263 torque at 4200 rpm before falling apart (the engine started misfiring badly).

The silver C6 Z06 was brand new and it ran at 454 hp/406 torque. There was a Viper that ran at I believe 465 hp/505 torque...impressive!

I loved watching the C6's run. I sat there doing the math...if I sell my C3 and my daily driver SUV, how much short will I be for one of those...hmmm!

Anyway, I had a great time and I really enjoyed talking to Rich...he's got an awesome '69!
Old 03-04-2006, 11:33 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Originally Posted by 71SoCal
Hey...isn't that 71SoCal's vette? I agree, he really is a great guy!!!

Yes, that was a lot of fun today! That's the first time I've been to one of those. I was the first car of the day to run. My stock small block ran up to 200 hp/263 torque at 4200 rpm before falling apart (the engine started misfiring badly).

The silver C6 Z06 was brand new and it ran at 454 hp/406 torque. There was a Viper that ran at I believe 465 hp/505 torque...impressive!

I loved watching the C6's run. I sat there doing the math...if I sell my C3 and my daily driver SUV, how much short will I be for one of those...hmmm!

Anyway, I had a great time and I really enjoyed talking to Rich...he's got an awesome '69!
Great meeting you today...I really liked your vette..very clean....my friends Cobra choked or something...low numbers....or I mis-read his data....he was lean though...did you see the Saleen? Huge numbers....and that Viper was a 1994 !!
Impressed with that shop...
I'll PM you on our next run...last month we had 45 cars...28 vettes...17 Cobras...fun run up in the mountains...I'm trying to get more C3's out there...
Rich
Old 03-05-2006, 01:51 AM
Sprzout
Burning Brakes

Rich, I'd be kinda curious to see what the pulls would be on my C3 or the E-Type, especially knowing if they'd be able to work on the SU carburetors; but the Vette, that one I KNOW would choke right now. I think the clutch is going out on it. I finally got to drive it this afternoon to the Costco here in Santee, and the thing felt like it was slipping and that there was no power going to the rear wheels, even though the engine felt strong.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:22 AM
rihwoods
Race Director

Originally Posted by Sprzout
Rich, I'd be kinda curious to see what the pulls would be on my C3 or the E-Type, especially knowing if they'd be able to work on the SU carburetors; but the Vette, that one I KNOW would choke right now. I think the clutch is going out on it. I finally got to drive it this afternoon to the Costco here in Santee, and the thing felt like it was slipping and that there was no power going to the rear wheels, even though the engine felt strong.
Pull a hill in third....if it is bad,you may even smell it..have you checked adjustment ? Make sure freeplay is correct...
Rich
Old 03-05-2006, 09:23 AM
rihwoods
Race Director

Few more pics...Viper did like 600+....did not see others pull...

Get notified of new replies

To Dyno day..

Quick Reply: Dyno day..