Sponsored by:

Canvas Soft Top For Coupes

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 01:14 AM
standup
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smacko
....I WOULD only be using it as a sunshield really OR an emergency raincoat; just this one-off custom C3 I bought from my mate the other week doesn't have ROOM to store a regular roof and even if targa roofs weren't priced like gold; it'd STILL be a struggle due to space in rear.....[/url]
All the ads on our telly say it never rains in Brisbane, so whaddya need a raincoat for ????

BTW, that's a wicked ride ....hope you sort out a solution so you can cruise with the raincoat on.....
Old 11-02-2006, 04:18 AM
smacko
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by standup
All the ads on our telly say it never rains in Brisbane, so whaddya need a raincoat for ????

BTW, that's a wicked ride ....hope you sort out a solution so you can cruise with the raincoat on.....
Oh it rains alright; just that the south-east corner of Queensland especially is undergoing its most severe drought on modern history.

Thanks by the way; all are welcome on our forum, especially our 'cuzzy bros' from across the water!
Old 12-26-2006, 09:04 AM
smacko
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Budman78
I have a set of these that a forum member gave me. They will keep you dry while setting still, but you will get drenched if you try to drive with them on. Ask me how I know. I ended up just duct taping them to the car during overnight storms. Also, they make popping noises will you drive.
Ah yes; but I see YOURS are two peice...Different animal
Old 12-26-2006, 09:08 AM
smacko
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rastadr
ive got a brand new used raincoat with a nice raincoat carying bag ill sell for 150.00 and ill pay the shipping! the thing is great but i have no use for it . it never rains in miami!!!
...Just letting you know on HERE as I did on email; It arrived safely via my mat Don in the USA...I'm WRAPPED with it; I reckon it looks very cool and can't wait to test it (Believe it or not, its been raining ever SINCE I test fitted it yesterday!) hehehe. Fits VERY well and MUCH better than I'd hoped for. Only 'mod' I'll do is instead of velcro on front, I'll glue some high density FOAM under the front lip; THAT should both make it water tight AND not have the car look daggy with velcro on it.

Cheers mate and thanks VERY much!
Old 12-26-2006, 09:31 AM
gyopp
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one of the eckler's tops and mine has metal studs to go through the t-top mounting holes. Mine actually fits well and looks nice. I don't know how water tight it is, its just for emergencies. I hope to never have my car out in the rain but you never know
Old 12-26-2006, 09:43 AM
moosie982
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

"SMACKO" awsome car that purple looking one but if you sell that white one will the hood ornament come with it ? Peace,,,Moosie
Old 12-26-2006, 11:17 AM
76redl48
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the one peice raincoat, bought it this spring and the t-tops got shelved. First time out we got caught in a rain storm at 70 mph no problems. All the suppliers sell the same one dropped shipped from the manufacturer.
Dave

Old 12-26-2006, 07:42 PM
smacko
Burning Brakes

Yeah thanks guys; sounds (& looks) like we all are referring to the same roof...I reckon they're awesome! Had I known, I'd have bought a C4 version instead of the STILL to be mounted new glass roof panel back into its frame...How handy are these?! ~ Simply fold up and stash behind seats - brilliant!

PS; sorry, hood ornament on my C4 is not included in sale

Quick Reply: Canvas Soft Top For Coupes