My day going downhill !

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 05:48 PM
68RATVT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My day going downhill !

This is a rant/vent post only....
Very excited this morning, I was going to install the new GM powder coated valve covers and change my thermostat to a 195 since my motor is broken in. I tack the gaskets in place,turn them over to set up overnight and notice only one hole on each cover, should be two on passenger side,one for oil fill! Look at the catalog and picture shows only one hole, WTF, how do I put oil in the car. Call CS and tech support will figure it out and call Thursday,probably have to return them,may be manufacturer defect,so glad it was me they found out with. Then I start on the thermostat, see the car has been running really cool and I could not figure out why, maybe guage or sender right, watching threads to see what others are talking about etc. I took off the housing and NO thermostat installed! I myself put it in when I installed the motor, then it went down south CA to have the so-called expert do some work, why the hell would he have taken it out.
I thought I repaired all of his bubba crap, god don't let people work on your car if possible.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:27 PM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Xakk
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of aftermarket covers only have one hole in each. You just pull out the filter or pcv and fill it from there.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:41 AM
worship79
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

god don't let people work on your car if possible.
God would've granted me a house with a garage if he'd had such intentions

Unfortunately I live on the 3rd floor and law forbids me lifting the engine out on the sidewalk Besides that I wouldn't know where to start looking for the thermostat

Look at it this way: now you don't have to try any of the 'why does my car run cold/hot' solutions

Get notified of new replies

To My day going downhill !

Quick Reply: My day going downhill !