Sponsored by:

Power Steering Pulley

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Power Steering Pulley

Anyone have the link to rebuild the 75 power steering pump, including how to remove the pulley?

Thanks

Last edited by Maymyvetteliveforevr; 09-12-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:58 AM
SIXFOOTER
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

No link, but its very simple. You need a pulley puller, the pulley is a press fit. Once thats off, dissasembly is very simple: 2 fittings on the back of the reservoir and 3 bolts I think on the front of the unit and it somes apart. Couple more inside and tou have the pump vanes. Pay attention to how they go in there, it matters. Clean everything real well, repaint the tank. The seals come out redily with a pic. The front seal will pop out with a screwdriver. Put in the new one with block of wood and hammer, be carefull not to bend anything. Put it all back together just like it came apart. The shop manual has the whole process and pics. The kit is about $10 and should take an hour or so
Old 09-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Thanks SIXFOOTER, I'm in the process of removing the pulley with the puller and I have so much force that the end piece of the pulley is starting to bend by the forks of the puller. It's not budging and I've used PB Blaster last night to let is soak. Are they really that hard to remove. If I keep applying this much force it will distort the end piece of the pulley. Just so were clear, the forks of the puller are bending the end of the pulley where it's grabbing.

Last edited by Maymyvetteliveforevr; 09-12-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

I ended up getting a hold of a different pulley. One that surrounds the end of the pulley better. This solved the problem.

Thanks everyone.

Get notified of new replies

To Power Steering Pulley

Quick Reply: Power Steering Pulley