Sponsored by:

Tank Sticker Presevation?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 12:20 PM
bjm
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Tank Sticker Presevation?

We just dropped the tank on my 1969 400/427 that I just bought to see if the tank sticker was still there! Of course there it was, it was in decent shape for the most part. We were able to remove most of it but was wondering what the best way to preserve it was. We put it in a plastic sheet holder but I was wondering if there was a better way.

It was interesting as it is a fairly highly optioned car; we counted 13 different options including shoulder belts. Kind of cool!

Any ideas on how to preserve the tank sticker?
Old 11-17-2007, 12:48 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would make a copy of it as-is and then have a repro made that you can display in the window at shows or just to have to. Cost $25 and worth it. Don't have the number handy but if you email me (link below) I can provide you the info to have one made up.

For your original I would just get a can of dust-off from an electronics store and gently blow off any loose dirt and then just put it back in the folder!
Old 11-17-2007, 01:30 PM
early shark
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should put that fragile document on a piece of acid free archival paper and it insert it in a plastic sleeve. Keep this document out of light and away from heat.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:38 PM
cgc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bjm We were able to remove most of it

I need to remove a tank sticker but don't want to destroy it. How did you get yours off.

charlie

Last edited by cgc; 11-17-2007 at 09:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-19-2007, 06:37 PM
bjm
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by cgc
bjm We were able to remove most of it

I need to remove a tank sticker but don't want to destroy it. How did you get yours off.

charlie
Well, Half of the tank sticker was hanging off behind the tank and the rear cross member so we really didn't have to do much there, but then just used a razor blade and scraped the rest of it off very carefully.

Thanks for the tips! Anymore?
Old 11-19-2007, 07:35 PM
0Road-Race Vette
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, did you find storage for the car or are you going to bring it by the shop and park it next to mine? My flares will be in wednesday,and I ordered my tires today,so there will be a lot of fun stuff going on very soon(very serious thrashing on the new project).

Get notified of new replies

To Tank Sticker Presevation?

Quick Reply: Tank Sticker Presevation?