Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Control Valve

Old 12-16-2007, 01:57 AM
stinger12
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Control Valve

I rebuilt my power steering control valve a few months back, I have yet to install it on my car (body off restoration). There is a hole for a grease fitting where the ball stud is, so I assumed that was how you filled it up with grease. I only used tef-con grease on the seals during the rebuild - I didn't apply any grease to the areawhere the ball stud was located. Is it okay to just use a grease gun through the fitting to fill up this area...or did I have to apply it to the ball seats before I installed the ball stud, and then fill up the cavity viz the grease fitting hole?

Old 12-16-2007, 11:11 AM
stinger12
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

bump
Old 12-16-2007, 11:42 AM
dannyman
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember saving this link for future reference. May be of some help to you. At the very least, you could PM the originating member for advise. Good luck.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1855649
Old 12-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

If you did not fill it with grease before you re-assembled it I would wait until you have the car back together. The reason being is that those vee seals are very small and will not hold back the pressure of you pumping grease in there. Once you have the car started the valve has pressure on the power steering fluid side where the vee seals are. So then you can put some grease in through the zerk fitting. Be careful and do not use a lot maybe 5 squirts or so. If you put to much in you will be rebuilding the PSCV again. I'm glad to see my tutorial has made it over the shark side of the forum

After you grease it this time I would not add grease any more as it does not work it self out like a normal ball joint. Good luck Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Control Valve

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Control Valve