Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Magnaflow and X pipe installed

Had a chance to finally have the Corvette Central Magnaflow exhaust on the vette. I had them add 2 1/2" pipe from the headers back with new tips. Still leaks at the trans crossmember, but I will take it back and have them redo it. The guys that installed it were hacks and the first guy couldn't weld for s.... I had to get the owner to weld it up. The leaks can be fixed by splitting the outside pipe. Something these guys had never done. Here's some pics.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

BTW - These mufflers are not loud in my opinion. Flowpros and Flowmaster 50's are a lot louder.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:40 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Hard to find anyone good in the trades anymore, everyone wants to be a computer scientist or brain surgeon. I don't mind, making a killing in the painting contracting biz after leaving the engineering dept.

Anyway it looks pretty good. If those Magnaflows are like the 3 sets of universals I have owned they are great mufflers, not too loud at idle or cruise, no resonance inside and after they are broken in they are loud at WOT, I mean loud, I drowned out big block with sidepipes beside me at WOT with my old 355ci, just wait you'll see

Last edited by MotorHead; 12-29-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:01 PM
DEMITRISTYLES
Drifting

Location: You Can't Buy Cool, No Friggin' Way - Mississauga Ontario
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's all in the pipes!
Old 12-29-2007, 07:09 PM
my mach 5
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If those Magnaflows are like the 3 sets of universals I have owned they are great mufflers, not too loud at idle or cruise, no resonance inside and after they are broken in they are loud at WOT, I mean loud, I drowned out big block with sidepipes beside me at WOT with my old 355ci, just wait you'll see [/QUOTE]

I have the magnaflows from CC and you are right - once broken in, loud at WOT but no resonance inside.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by my mach 5
If those Magnaflows are like the 3 sets of universals I have owned they are great mufflers, not too loud at idle or cruise, no resonance inside and after they are broken in they are loud at WOT, I mean loud, I drowned out big block with sidepipes beside me at WOT with my old 355ci, just wait you'll see
I have the magnaflows from CC and you are right - once broken in, loud at WOT but no resonance inside.[/QUOTE]

Good, I like a little sound at WOT. V8 Music.

Get notified of new replies

To Magnaflow and X pipe installed

Quick Reply: Magnaflow and X pipe installed