Sponsored by:

Headlights winking

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Evmcevil
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Headlights winking

I just installed a new vacuum relay on the passenger side because the old one was getting slower and slower til it was taking 10 to 15 minuites for it to go down. Since, I installed new relay I checked vacuum at intake it was between 16-17hg the vacuum at the relay was about 1hg less. The passenger light is still comming up slower about 1-3 minutes on the upside and about 3-5 minutes on the downside could it be the actuator?
Old 01-02-2008, 08:52 PM
cruise83
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just replaced the headlight switch in my 79. realized the vaacum lines to that switch and the bypass under the steering wheel must be carefully attached. you may have a leak or a loose line, check it out.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:00 AM
BigBlockTank
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cruise83
I just replaced the headlight switch in my 79. realized the vaacum lines to that switch and the bypass under the steering wheel must be carefully attached. you may have a leak or a loose line, check it out.
I found the service valves under the dash had leaky fittings. The molded rubber fittings. I used black silicon and everything is sealed up now. No more 100mph headlight pop-ups either. Check it out, it's hard to hear, check the headlight switch to make sure they're not reversed.

Get notified of new replies

To Headlights winking

Quick Reply: Headlights winking