C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did any teenager ever screamed to you 'grandfather!' in an offensive attitude?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 05:59 PM
panic
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Did any teenager ever screamed to you 'grandfather!' in an offensive attitude?

Well, for the first time ever somebody screamed 'grandfather!!' to me from a rice car in an offensive attitude...they were 2 lines far from me and they were laughing and screaming...first thing that came to my mind was to scream back 'bring your sisters to me!' but i didnt want to go below my average comportamental level so i gave them only the finger and burnt them out of the way: they disappeared.

I must admit, this iussue disturbed me no little, i well understand that they tried to hurt me just because they know they will never ever be able to buy in their disgraceful lifes even the four wheels of my TVR but this left me a trace and a pending question:

Am i too old to go cruising and sprinting by night in a sportcar like a young guy? Dont know, i'm 45 but i really feel half that age and i dont care about it, i just do whatever i feel is suitable to my way of feeling, not to the way i'd have to feel at 45..if you know what i mean.

Sorry for venting right here but if i talk to my wife she'd agree with the teens that i'm an old fart and so i should be watching tv with her every evening!

Last edited by panic; 01-25-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:08 PM
VettePower
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, I do not consider 45 old. Hell I am 51 and still have fun with the younger tuner crowd. They actually love my vette! I feel you just pulled up to a couple of a-holes who were jealous of your ride or wanted to goad you into doing a nice burnout for them....
Old 01-25-2008, 06:12 PM
another-user
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i drove my vette in highschool. i was told it was an old grandpas car.

all ive gotta say is this old grandpas car puts out more HP/TQ in 2 cylinders then the little POS 4 bangers that were in the school lot.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:16 PM
another-user
Safety Car

Originally Posted by VettePower
First of all, I do not consider 45 old. Hell I am 51 and still have fun with the younger tuner crowd. They actually love my vette! I feel you just pulled up to a couple of a-holes who were jealous of your ride or wanted to goad you into doing a nice burnout for them....

maybe its a location thing, but 99/100 of the "tuners" (and i use that very loosely... your K&N Cold Air intake and coffee can exhaust doesnt count as tuning) think theyve got the fastest ride to ever grace this earth. and they honestly believe it too, and attempt to show it.

im supposed to be in that generation, but god do i hate them.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Attfay Elleybay
Burning Brakes

Most ricers have never rode in a REAL car. When I was 15, My uncle let me drive his 1970 Barracuda (440, duel carbs, 4 speed) That was my 1st REAL car.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:31 PM
VettePower
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by another-user
maybe its a location thing, but 99/100 of the "tuners" (and i use that very loosely... your K&N Cold Air intake and coffee can exhaust doesnt count as tuning) think theyve got the fastest ride to ever grace this earth. and they honestly believe it too, and attempt to show it.

im supposed to be in that generation, but god do i hate them.
Actually the Tuners club where I know these young people actually have some amazing rides and are quite proud of them. They do not consider themselves Ricers with Stickers. It is amazing what nitrous and a turbo or supercharger do for those little cars. You will find out some day the hard way when one of these type cars pulls next to you and then blows you away!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Glass Act
Melting Slicks

Location: 406ci SB, AFR 180 Heads - 490 HP @5,600 RPM 529 lb-ft @ 4,100 RPM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

panic, I'm older than you and had that said a few times. I call most "ricers" fruit fly's, because there always buzzin around something sweet (Vette). My answer to most of their comments is, I have move torque in my wheel nuts kid.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Actually the Tuners club where I know these young people actually have some amazing rides and are quite proud of them. They do not consider themselves Ricers with Stickers. It is amazing what nitrous and a turbo or supercharger do for those little cars. You will find out some day the hard way when one of these type cars pulls next to you and then blows you away!!!
The mostly stock AWD turbo Talon I used to drive was quite a bit quicker than my 77.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:48 PM
another-user
Safety Car

theres a couple around here that really have tuned their cars and i know well enough not to play with them. pretty easy to tell though when you can hear their turbo blow offs. but like i said, 99 out of 100 of these guys are body mods, stickers, and coffee can exhaust.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:48 PM
andylmusic76
Burning Brakes

man i wouldn't worry at all about that. i got responses when i first started driving at 16 like "aren't you a little young to be driving that car?!?" i just ignored them. it's a whole thing of jealousy. there are always going to be people like that...especially with really cool sports cars
Old 01-25-2008, 06:49 PM
AAJC
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The great thing about this story is THEY noticed YOUR CAR & probably failed to see anything else around them.
Isnt that what the Vette is all about? It commands a reaction (whether good or bad).

At 44 I am constantly being told that I am too old for my car. (by the wife & children), however, I remember saying the same thing to my father when he had it.

My advice is to enjoy it for as long as you can. Life is too short.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:02 PM
guitarcrazy02
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, you're never too old. I'm 17, and I go to the gym 3 nights a week with a 48 year old guy (best friend's dad) who drives a twin turbo BMW M5 that will destroy any street car out there. He drives the wheels off that thing. If I ever go cruising, he's always leading.

Never too old to enjoy what you love.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:14 PM
pef427
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really... I may have a suprise for them instead. NOS and big ole' sloppy cubic inches makes for a crowd pleaser.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:15 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Glass Act
panic, I'm older than you and had that said a few times. I call most "ricers" fruit fly's, because there always buzzin around something sweet (Vette). My answer to most of their comments is, I have move torque in my wheel nuts kid.
They used to swarm around me when mine was stock, I never see them anymore. Last time was about a year ago, souped up Civic with a fart can wanted to race at a light. I told him I lose more HP in drivetrain heat than he puts to the ground.

Btw I am over 50, must be nice to be a young pup of 45
Old 01-25-2008, 08:28 PM
L82shark
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08

Last one I saw at the local gas station flipped out when I was up there putting new gas in my IROC. He saw the "5.7 Tuned Port Injection" on the back bumper and wanted me to open the hood so he could see an engine that big. Made me wish I still had the 77 big block TA, he would have crapped himself. He drove off in his Mazda with a big farting sound.

Some may be quicker, but 30 years from now they will all be beer cans again.

And it is true, you pull an old vette out around here and most everyone is looking at it.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Aggitated Monkey
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't know what my L48 has in it as I didn't built it, however it holds some respect with the tuners in a little stop light action.

My wife is the one who likes to provide a little embarisment when her Z4 shows them tail lights.

I was surprised when she had a little stop light fun with our 16 year old son in the car.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:02 PM
marines
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Heck, I'm 68 and enjoy my Vette and my MGB. It has only been now that I could afford these things. Too busy raising a family, defending my country, and pursuing a career to have the time and money

Get notified of new replies

To Did any teenager ever screamed to you 'grandfather!' in an offensive attitude?

Old 01-25-2008, 09:12 PM
jontis
Instructor

Originally Posted by panic
so i gave them only the finger and burnt them out of the way:
I understand you have your license back
Old 01-25-2008, 09:30 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When I die, I hope to go quietly in my sleep like grandpa. Not yelling and screaming like the passingers in his car. /:\
Old 01-25-2008, 11:13 PM
rdrunnur
Racer

In Italy you have a one in a million car over there. Calling you Grandpa was the best the little guy could think of?

Your never too old man, NEVER. I have seen your movies driving the courses, you look like your having fun.

It's not the ricers that bother me...... It's the dude looking at me at the stop light in the Mini-Van with the fat ugly wife and screaming kids in the back....

Rd

Quick Reply: Did any teenager ever screamed to you 'grandfather!' in an offensive attitude?