sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Well?....
Old 03-17-2008, 10:27 AM
BB72
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I really hope you don't get bikes...I based some of my decisions...colour and wheels etc....on how great this cars looks. This car and the people/work that went into it is what sets a standard that we all strive for.

Rob
Old 03-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Saint's Shark
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is an absolute and total shame! The most important thing is that no one was seriously injured. You can always fix up a car but not always so with a person. Fortunately, it looks as though it can be rebuilt. As much as these words are not too comforting, you should count your blessings that it wasn't worse. Keep us updated about the process of your rebuild. Good luck.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Kerry67
Instructor

Just like everyone says, thank god you are alright, that is what is most important. But beyond that, I would be crying like a baby if that happened to my car.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:16 PM
OregonVette80
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1971Coupe
**** happens....glad you're ok.

Yep. Losing a limb, eyesight or a life is something to cry about. This...Well, in reality, they are still "just cars."
Old 03-18-2008, 09:03 PM
turtlevette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03,'11

did the lady he bump drafted get a new car?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:10 PM
400hp427vette
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Wow Glad to hear everyones ok. Very sad to see that happen to your pride and joy. I only hope that you vette will get rebuilt and see the road again.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Jamie Slick
Team Owner

Location: "The people you choose to surround yourself with define who you are..."
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

well, it seems like it's taking FOREVER to get the repair estimate!

We took a list of parts to the body shop and just for the PARTS we were at over $13k! (and that's the ones we KNEW it would need.)

Add a paint job.........labor...........it's not looking so good guys.

Even the body shop owner said he was getting concerned. Right now we're pretty much still on hold.

We'll be at CI, but we definitely will NOT have the C3. Mike is even considering a C5 Z06 purchase if the money doesn't work out to fix his car. He has said he will NOT put any more money into it. (and to be honest, I have to agree with that.)

Thanks so much for all of the moral support. You guys have been great.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:28 PM
pbcanney
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sometimes...

ya just gotta walk away
Old 03-18-2008, 11:42 PM
FRSTR90
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To be honest I hate to hear that, but I can see where he is coming from. A C5 Z06 will never be anything close to the car that his '70 was! One thing to consider is that we all admired the car here at the fourm. Just think of all the non-car guys that see this car rolling down the street, they will never appreciate a C5 Z06 like his car. When he goes to the big vette shows he will be lost in the crowd with all of the other C5s and C6s (no offense to you and your car). I would really hate to see a car like this be parted or sold to another person who might not appreciate it like the way it should be!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
65convt
Melting Slicks

Sorry to see what happened to your 70. That was a Beautiful Coupe, AWESOME mods. I mcan understand how you feel about building it over again.
I've run into as-holes like that before. Some jerk in a Jag wouldn't let me pass with my 65 years ago and forced me off the shoulder of the road.
Someone is going to get a Good Deal at your price.
Glad you didn't get hurt!
Rick
Old 06-12-2008, 04:41 PM
terrible_buddhist
Instructor

Originally Posted by TNBUSA
Thanks for all the concern everyone. Im still hoping this is a bad dream.
At this time I am not planning to fix it. I have a agreed value of 30k with my insurance...stupid me did not have it increased when the car was completed. I dont know how the insurance deal is going to work or if they will consider it a total. I will see what they offer to let me keep the car and then part it out to try and recoup some of the loss. If anyone has any experience with this kind of thing let me know the best way to handle it. Thanks, Mike
I don't know you, but I have had a few heartbreaking wrecks, blowups, all that stuff. A moving company I hired out of phoenix managed to **** up my boat, my corvette, and my truck. It kicks the teeth out of you for a while, and after some time there will be a twinge...something that just says...ok, time to get it back.

A lot of other people have been saying this...but go look for that 68 corvette that was wrecked some months back...he didn't get the chance to rebuild that car because he didn't walk away from that crash.

You still got the car, you got some money coming back, and you still got you...and for some people the most important thing is the OTHER person wasn't hurt. Take some solace in that. I hurt for you and that car...but man...you are still here to post.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:57 PM
DEMITRISTYLES
Drifting

Location: You Can't Buy Cool, No Friggin' Way - Mississauga Ontario
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by terrible_buddhist
I don't know you, but I have had a few heartbreaking wrecks, blowups, all that stuff. A moving company I hired out of phoenix managed to **** up my boat, my corvette, and my truck. It kicks the teeth out of you for a while, and after some time there will be a twinge...something that just says...ok, time to get it back.

A lot of other people have been saying this...but go look for that 68 corvette that was wrecked some months back...he didn't get the chance to rebuild that car because he didn't walk away from that crash.

You still got the car, you got some money coming back, and you still got you...and for some people the most important thing is the OTHER person wasn't hurt. Take some solace in that. I hurt for you and that car...but man...you are still here to post.
Very nice.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:29 PM
BTAL
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

It is now up for sale in the classifieds.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2050354

Quick Reply: TNBusa wrecked his car (pics)