C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

68-82 wiring diagrams for anyone

 
Old 04-10-2017, 12:29 PM
  #3401  
CA_WxMan
CF Senior Member
 
CA_WxMan's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2012
Location: Camarillo CA
Posts: 161
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Default

PM Sent - twice - Forgot to include e-mail on first one.

Thank You,
Chris
CA_WxMan is offline  
Old 04-10-2017, 04:14 PM
  #3402  
SPCL FX
CF Senior Member
 
SPCL FX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Kissimmee Florida
Posts: 907
Thanked 134 Times in 128 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by papawana View Post
am offering to send out wiring diagrams for all corvettes 1953-1982...they are the best I have seen...just pm me with your email address and what year wiring diagram you want...if you appreciate my efforts, please click on the Thank You finger on the bottom right...glad to help you!!!
Would love a set for my "77" Thanks!!:thumbs

Last edited by SPCL FX; 04-10-2017 at 09:29 PM.
SPCL FX is offline  
Old 04-13-2017, 02:11 PM
  #3403  
papawana
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
papawana's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 1999
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 3,245
Thanked 282 Times in 84 Posts
Default wiring diagrams

Originally Posted by SPCL FX View Post
Would love a set for my "77" Thanks!!:thumbs
diagrams sent
papawana is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papawana For This Useful Post:
general ike (06-23-2017), SPCL FX (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 02:53 PM
  #3404  
L-46man
CF Senior Member
 
L-46man's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: PHX AZ
Posts: 551
Thanked 101 Times in 86 Posts
Default

I have received 3 of these diagrams and they are quite useful. I have the assy manual.
I was able to blow them up larger, than the assy manual...(old eyes-lol).
So thanks again!

I realize this is a 'family website' so you'll have to fill in the blanks here.

So, utilizing Papa's wiring diagram, I was able quickly to diagnose a problem with a connector on my 82 CE aux cooling fan.

It's the 'pink' wire... you know how these wiring diagrams go...follow the wire color from margin to margin, page to page until you get to the terminus.

Each margin has the wire color....then repeats on the far side of the page.

I do not know of the origins of these diagrams, but what I do know is, one of two things happened when I was tracing the above pink wire.
#1 Someone was trying (and did!) break the copyright on the diagram. (see below)
#2 The draghtsman who drew the diagram, sans computer, was BORED OUT OF HIS GOURD!

So I'm tracing the wire...pink, pink, pink, pink, P*SSY pink, pink, pink! I swear to god!

Back in the dawn of time I was working a college job as Tech Illustrator for Bentley Manuals in Cambridge MA.
They write the official manuals for VW/AUDI.
My boss comes to me and says...make a tiny little edit in some of these existing illustrations...something barely noticable, so we don't have to pay royalties to the original illustrator. (like make the water pump bolt 2" instead of 1"). {did not sit well with me!}
by altering the illus, it breaks the copyright. see #1 above.

Anyway...very useful service Papa brings. Thanks again!
L-46man is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to L-46man For This Useful Post:
papawana (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 03:15 PM
  #3405  
my1970conv
CF Senior Member
 
my1970conv's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2001
Location: Lachute QC
Posts: 206
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by papawana View Post
am offering to send out wiring diagrams for all corvettes 1953-1982...they are the best I have seen...just pm me with your email address and what year wiring diagram you want...if you appreciate my efforts, please click on the Thank You finger on the bottom right...glad to help you!!!
Hi papawana... PM sent if you're still offering them... Thanks.
my1970conv is offline  
Old 04-13-2017, 05:36 PM
  #3406  
papawana
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
papawana's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 1999
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 3,245
Thanked 282 Times in 84 Posts
Default wiring diagrams

Originally Posted by L-46man View Post
I have received 3 of these diagrams and they are quite useful. I have the assy manual.
I was able to blow them up larger, than the assy manual...(old eyes-lol).
So thanks again!

I realize this is a 'family website' so you'll have to fill in the blanks here.

So, utilizing Papa's wiring diagram, I was able quickly to diagnose a problem with a connector on my 82 CE aux cooling fan.

It's the 'pink' wire... you know how these wiring diagrams go...follow the wire color from margin to margin, page to page until you get to the terminus.

Each margin has the wire color....then repeats on the far side of the page.

I do not know of the origins of these diagrams, but what I do know is, one of two things happened when I was tracing the above pink wire.
#1 Someone was trying (and did!) break the copyright on the diagram. (see below)
#2 The draghtsman who drew the diagram, sans computer, was BORED OUT OF HIS GOURD!

So I'm tracing the wire...pink, pink, pink, pink, P*SSY pink, pink, pink! I swear to god!

Back in the dawn of time I was working a college job as Tech Illustrator for Bentley Manuals in Cambridge MA.
They write the official manuals for VW/AUDI.
My boss comes to me and says...make a tiny little edit in some of these existing illustrations...something barely noticable, so we don't have to pay royalties to the original illustrator. (like make the water pump bolt 2" instead of 1"). {did not sit well with me!}
by altering the illus, it breaks the copyright. see #1 above.

Anyway...very useful service Papa brings. Thanks again!
great story!!! thanks for the thanks...I have sent out 10's of thousands of these diagrams to help fellow corvette owners...you will notice that very few check the thank you finger for my kindness...to this day I still do not know of their origin...I have never thought of infringing on anyone's copyright's...I have just wanted to help
papawana is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papawana For This Useful Post:
CA_WxMan (04-16-2017), L-46man (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 05:44 PM
  #3407  
L-46man
CF Senior Member
 
L-46man's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: PHX AZ
Posts: 551
Thanked 101 Times in 86 Posts
Default

Papa. I have pushed the 'fickle finger of thanks' I really appreciated the INSTANT service you provided.

All caps now...IN NO WAY, WITH NO INFERENCE, DID MY FUNNY STORY MEAN TO SAY YOU WERE DOING ANYTHING WRONG.

I do know patents last for 17 years....we're talking about 30-40 year old drawings not done on computers...some draughtsman did these!

Thank you kind sir! Fan is working a treat! (corroded connector).

Happy easter!

Hal
L-46man is online now  
Old 04-16-2017, 01:14 PM
  #3408  
papawana
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
papawana's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 1999
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 3,245
Thanked 282 Times in 84 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by L-46man View Post
Papa. I have pushed the 'fickle finger of thanks' I really appreciated the INSTANT service you provided.

All caps now...IN NO WAY, WITH NO INFERENCE, DID MY FUNNY STORY MEAN TO SAY YOU WERE DOING ANYTHING WRONG.

I do know patents last for 17 years....we're talking about 30-40 year old drawings not done on computers...some draughtsman did these!

Thank you kind sir! Fan is working a treat! (corroded connector).

Happy easter!

Hal
And may the Easter Bunny have left you many eggs of joy
papawana is offline  
Old 05-15-2017, 07:53 AM
  #3409  
pierrek
Junior Member
 
pierrek's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2017
Location: Melbourne Victoria
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default wiring diagram please

Originally Posted by papawana View Post
am offering to send out wiring diagrams for all corvettes 1953-1982...they are the best I have seen...just pm me with your email address and what year wiring diagram you want...if you appreciate my efforts, please click on the Thank You finger on the bottom right...glad to help you!!!
Hi my name is Pierre I'm from Melbourne Australia & just bought an excellent original 73 targa but need a wiring diagram as alarm doesn't work
how does the PM thing work?
pierrek is offline  
Old 05-15-2017, 12:27 PM
  #3410  
L-46man
CF Senior Member
 
L-46man's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: PHX AZ
Posts: 551
Thanked 101 Times in 86 Posts
Default

Dear Pierre....TARGAs are for Porkies...you know that Hugely overpriced VW with the engine in the wrong end.

You own a COUPE'.....not a targa.
L-46man is online now  
Old 05-15-2017, 06:38 PM
  #3411  
papawana
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
papawana's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 1999
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 3,245
Thanked 282 Times in 84 Posts
Default wiring diagrams

Originally Posted by pierrek View Post
Hi my name is Pierre I'm from Melbourne Australia & just bought an excellent original 73 targa but need a wiring diagram as alarm doesn't work
how does the PM thing work?
to be able to send you the diagrams I have to have your email address...so just email your address to me at [email protected] and ask for 1973 diagrams
papawana is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to papawana For This Useful Post:
AllgoodRoger (05-21-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 09:44 AM
  #3412  
Schlicki
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2015
Posts: 150
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
Default

Thanks for the 73 diagrams!


Hope I can solve my damn problem....


https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...main-fuse.html
Schlicki is offline  
Old 05-21-2017, 02:03 AM
  #3413  
pierrek
Junior Member
 
pierrek's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2017
Location: Melbourne Victoria
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by L-46man View Post
Dear Pierre....TARGAs are for Porkies...you know that Hugely overpriced VW with the engine in the wrong end.

You own a COUPE'.....not a targa.
Interesting reply where I come from (a land down under where women glow and men chunder cant you here the thunder) a coupe is any 2 door car a targa is a coupe with a removable roof section not to be confused with a rag top or convertable.
pierrek is offline  
Old 05-21-2017, 10:46 AM
  #3414  
AllgoodRoger
Junior Member
 
AllgoodRoger's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Cape Girardeau Missouri
Posts: 41
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Emailed you a request for a 1969 diagram. THANKS!
AllgoodRoger is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 01:57 PM
  #3415  
papawana
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
papawana's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 1999
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 3,245
Thanked 282 Times in 84 Posts
Default wiring diagrams

Originally Posted by AllgoodRoger View Post
Emailed you a request for a 1969 diagram. THANKS!
diagrams sent
papawana is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 03:30 PM
  #3416  
Ranbrad
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2006
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 210
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by papawana View Post
diagrams sent

PM sent
Ranbrad is offline  
Old 06-07-2017, 05:42 AM
  #3417  
cjkirby55
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Terre Haute Indiana
Posts: 33
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

PM sent, thank you sir.
cjkirby55 is offline  
Old 06-08-2017, 04:35 PM
  #3418  
cjkirby55
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Terre Haute Indiana
Posts: 33
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cjkirby55 View Post
PM sent, thank you sir.
Received, thanks again
cjkirby55 is offline  
Old 06-08-2017, 07:15 PM
  #3419  
skgammon
CF Member
 
skgammon's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Chesapeake Virginia
Posts: 64
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Default Wiring Diagram

PM Sent

Thanks
Steve
skgammon is offline  
Old 06-13-2017, 10:40 AM
  #3420  
SIXTYTWO
CF Senior Member
 
SIXTYTWO's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Location: Toms River New Jersey
Posts: 1,737
Thanked 63 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by papawana View Post
am offering to send out wiring diagrams for all corvettes 1953-1982...they are the best I have seen...just pm me with your email address and what year wiring diagram you want...if you appreciate my efforts, please click on the Thank You finger on the bottom right...glad to help you!!!
PM sent
SIXTYTWO is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SIXTYTWO For This Useful Post:
Bruce42 (06-13-2017)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 68-82 wiring diagrams for anyone


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: