Had a brain fart lately???

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:51 PM
milo30
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Had a brain fart lately???

Here's my brain fart for the month:

I was stripping the interior out of my car to make room for all the new stuff. It had been a long week and I was tired and not thinking straight. I went to remove the seats, took off the front 2 bolts then just sat there dumb founded.

Corvette seats sit so low to the floor that I just scratched my head and wondered to myself, how the hell do you get to the back 2 bolts. I tried lifting the front of the seat and reach under....wasn't going to work. I just kind of sat there dumbfounded for a minute. Then it finally hit me, slide the seat forward dummy.

Was wondering what kinds of brain farts others have had working on their cars.....if they'll admit to it.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:09 AM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Not much to tell,actually...

Old 03-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I can't really think of many things specifically, except for one every time I drive it.

I'll get in, put on my sun glasses, put on my seat belt, fire it up, and start backing out onto the street. Then it'll die, I'll roll back into the garage, and I'll sit there like an idiot wondering why it died THIS time.

Turns out I have my electric fuel pump on a safety switch that I turn off when I leave the car...for safety reasons. I forget to turn it back on when I get back in, and the car gets me as far as the fuel in the carb will get me.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:57 AM
CJ 77
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Generally every day........
Get up from my desk at work to get come coffee, on the way decide now'd be a nice time to pee, put the coffee cup down, go shake the dew off the lilly, go back to my desk, sit down, look around for my coffee cup and wonder - who took my cup?
Old 03-26-2008, 09:37 AM
GD70
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What did my wife just say?
Bad brain fart!
Old 03-26-2008, 09:52 AM
moosie982
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I got a cartoon in my e-mail the other day saying that you shouldnt try to hold farts in because then they travel up your spine to your brain and generally give you $hitty ideas,,,Peace,,,Moosie
Old 03-26-2008, 09:52 AM
HamadUP
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Once I was talking to a friend of mine on the cell phone while I was getting ready to go out and all of the sudden I was quiet for few seconds looking around, then I yelled at my wife : "have you seen my cell phone??"!! .. The man I was talking to almost choked of laughing.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:25 AM
BTAL
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Rich,
That hammer seems a little bit "deficient" - you the old saying - size does matter.

Originally Posted by rihwoods
Not much to tell,actually...

Old 03-26-2008, 10:41 AM
morleyz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Durango_boy
I can't really think of many things specifically, except for one every time I drive it.

I'll get in, put on my sun glasses, put on my seat belt, fire it up, and start backing out onto the street. Then it'll die, I'll roll back into the garage, and I'll sit there like an idiot wondering why it died THIS time.

Turns out I have my electric fuel pump on a safety switch that I turn off when I leave the car...for safety reasons. I forget to turn it back on when I get back in, and the car gets me as far as the fuel in the carb will get me.
Gee...I guess mine's very similar...and it's not just the Vette (it's been my Fiat Spider and Motorcycles too). I pop in the garage (it's attached), hop in the car, push the GD opener and fire the car up. Pop her in reverse and look behind me to back out and .... duh, might want to move my daily drivers before trying to back out. I do this at least every other time I get in.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Steve.in.Roanoke
Advanced

Did you ever stop to 'think'...

And forget to start again!

How often is my question???

Steve
Old 03-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Jeffery73
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by Durango_boy

I do this same thing with my jet ski for the first 5 or 6 rides each season. I get about 1/4 of the way out the channel before it dies.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:54 PM
weimer20
Burning Brakes

Old 03-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Jay-Dog
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to post a response to this thread but I can't remember what the topic is.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:21 PM
MonzaRedConvert
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the body off my car. I got the frame cleaned and painted rebuilt the suspension and put the body back on (no engine or trans). A few months later I was ready to drop in the engine/trans when I found I couldn't get the bolts out of the trans x-member. They can only go in one way with the body on. DOH! to quote Homer Simpson. It was either cut the bolts off or take the body off again so I cut the bolts.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:42 PM
stingr69
Le Mans Master

Received 1,049 Likes on 813 Posts

Happens to me all the time.

How about bolting in the drivers seat on my '80 down to the floor while the seat back is folded flat to the bottom cushion. This is not a problem on the passenger side seat but if you do that on the drivers side you won't be able to put the seat back upright - the steering wheel is in the way - DOH! I have done that a FEW times and it is always a TREAT!!!

-Mark.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:38 PM
retroLS1
Instructor

Similar situation with the gas/carb stories. Up in Laconia NH last year my friend and I are going for the first motorcycle ride of the week... we leave the place we're staying at, ride for about 5 minutes and my bike starts choking out and acting crazy. I pull over and my friend comes back. I sit there dumbfounded for a couple minutes until I realized I hit reserve on my gas tank and all I had to do was flip my little reserve **** to get another gallon of gas.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:51 PM
marshrat99
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was last night and kinda just backwards of the 1st post. I went to reinstall the driver side seat and bolted down all four bolts. Then realized that I had the seat folded all the way down and underneath the steering wheel such that the seat would not unfold into the upright position. Had to take the seat back out and install unfolded.

Get notified of new replies

To Had a brain fart lately???

Old 03-26-2008, 07:17 PM
guitarcrazy02
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marshrat99
Mine was last night and kinda just backwards of the 1st post. I went to reinstall the driver side seat and bolted down all four bolts. Then realized that I had the seat folded all the way down and underneath the steering wheel such that the seat would not unfold into the upright position. Had to take the seat back out and install unfolded.
Ahh I'm guilty of that one. Good thing I have tilt/tele
Old 03-26-2008, 10:14 PM
C3 4ME
Le Mans Master

Received 431 Likes on 309 Posts

Just the other week I took the girl I've been seeing out in the Vette for the first time. As I was dropping her off I was idling in 1st gear, foot on the clutch. You guessed it, I forgot it was in gear and we both just about got whiplash, (ok, so I was a liittle distracted).
Old 03-26-2008, 10:43 PM
myoriginal77
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Well, not vette related but ... this past Sunday I was working on my Sonoma (S10) and didn't close the hood all the way. I thought it had shut but NO ..... 25 miles per hour and I got the big surprise. As it hit the windshield I thought there goes 600 bucks .....

Frank

Last edited by myoriginal77; 03-26-2008 at 10:43 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: Had a brain fart lately???