Sponsored by:

Power door lock actuator

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 06:43 PM
shipman
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power door lock actuator

Help! How do you go about replacing the power door lock actuators? I have the original unfastened by drilling out the rivets but I cannot figure out how to release it from the lock rod hooked to it. I have already purchased the replacement actuator.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:25 PM
1Z87L8
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont know what year you have but if its like my 78 you have to lift the actuator up in side the door as the rod itself notched to fit in only one way to the mechanism.
personally i had no problems getting mine out, putting them back
now that was a whole different story involving a mirror and working backwards
Old 04-06-2008, 05:33 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by shipman
Help! How do you go about replacing the power door lock actuators? I have the original unfastened by drilling out the rivets but I cannot figure out how to release it from the lock rod hooked to it. I have already purchased the replacement actuator.
I went through this last year on my 78 and as I recall, I was able to unhook before drilling out the rivets. I reached my hand around and by yanking on the actuator plunger rod able to take the tension off the lock rod and slip it out. As i recall it hooks (lock rod), so I had to bend the actuator rod somewhat to get it out. I imagine with the actuator unattached, you don't have enought room to get to hands in. I also used a mirror to check on my work.

Be patient and keep playing with it and you should get it. You might find it easier to bolt the actuaor back up so you can work it with one hand...use 1/4 20 nut and bolt.

Get notified of new replies

To Power door lock actuator

Quick Reply: Power door lock actuator