Sponsored by:

WTF it not mu fault that gas is so high because I drive a vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Jims79
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTF it not mu fault that gas is so high because I drive a vette

Took the vette for a nice long ride this 4th. Ended at my friends beach house in manasquan nj for the fire works & a few beers. However while I was inching along in slow traffic w/a 1000 people walking in the street some big mouth woman yells. "What kind of MPG's does 'THAT' thing get"! in a very disapproving voice. Well I looked at the fat pig and her fat azz kids while stopped in traffic & she was standing there waiting for an answer. (Like I was wasting her gas). I said in a half kidding voice (unlike hers) about the same as your SUV. Well she didn't thing that was too funny but her kids did.

Why do some people hate the vette so much?
Old 07-06-2008, 10:49 AM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You should have told her that she might get even better mileage if she was range feed not grain fed. You can expect a backlash like people who wear fur (not like humans haven't been wearing animal hides for 10,000 years). Bottom line, keep your car in sight so nobody keys it or spills paint or the like on it. /:\
Old 07-06-2008, 10:54 AM
rydoc
Pro

Originally Posted by Jims79
Took the vette for a nice long ride this 4th. Ended at my friends beach house in manasquan nj for the fire works & a few beers. However while I was inching along in slow traffic w/a 1000 people walking in the street some big mouth woman yells. "What kind of MPG's does 'THAT' thing get"! in a very disapproving voice. Well I looked at the fat pig and her fat azz kids while stopped in traffic & she was standing there waiting for an answer. (Like I was wasting her gas). I said in a half kidding voice (unlike hers) about the same as your SUV. Well she didn't thing that was too funny but her kids did.

People are becoming frustrated at the high cost of living, and do not know how to deal with it...so she took it out on the first thing that she seen...you and your vette.

Besides I think that she really doesn`t hate the vette, it`s more the fact that she woke up and took a look at her life, she`s gotten old with a couple of fat a** kids, a couch potato for a husband, her youth has slipped away and no matter how hard she tries she will never get into a vette.

Rod
Love the Vette
Old 07-06-2008, 11:22 AM
turbojet
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I got a different reaction yesterday while getting gas a woman came over
a complemented me on the car especially the side pipes. People just
got to relax.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:23 AM
AA2PR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jims79

Why do some people hate the vette so much, JEALOUSY .
They wish they were sitting in your seat. I don,t react to the bs and had something similar happen to me at a local pub while going through the drive through pick up. The owner then told these fools that i had four other vettes and the woos changed to awws and would i mind if they stopped by sometime to see the others. I told them if they wanted to see, they could check in on the forum any time.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:53 AM
SIXFOOTER
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

you can educate most folks, but there ain't no cure for stupid
Old 07-06-2008, 12:21 PM
wildchris
Instructor

Don't let every ignorant person in the world irritate you. There will always be some jellous a$$ pointing their fingure at everyone else.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:31 PM
dbeall1968
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could buy a prius tomorrow, but she will still wake up fat and ugly.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:36 PM
nutsy
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

i was stopped at a light yesterday when a guy next to me gave me a compliment on my car then asked how many miles does it get to a gallon. its a 454 but i really have no idea. i just fill it when it gets low. i told him around 11 or 12 to a gallon but thats a total guess. but he wasnt asking in a negative way and was driving an suv. but i beleive in your case it was total jealousy as posted above.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:54 PM
turtlevette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03,'11

the thing that may start happening is that the "freaks" are going to start vandalizing our cars.

If people really care about the environment they would have less kids.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:48 PM
worship79
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SIXFOOTER
Amen to that!
Old 07-06-2008, 05:26 PM
OURSHARK
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So true
Old 07-06-2008, 05:40 PM
cargo247
Drifting

Default cow farts

Maybe the fat cow should read this

Livestock a major threat to environment
Remedies urgently needed
29 November 2006, Rome - Which causes more greenhouse gas emissions, rearing cattle or driving cars?

Surprise! cow farts!

According to a new report published by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, the livestock sector generates more greenhouse gas emissions as measured in CO2 equivalent – 18 percent – than transport. It is also a major source of land and water degradation.

Says Henning Steinfeld, Chief of FAO’s Livestock Information and Policy Branch and senior author of the report: “Livestock are one of the most significant contributors to today’s most serious environmental problems. Urgent action is required to remedy the situation.”

With increased prosperity, people are consuming more meat and dairy products every year. Global meat production is projected to more than double from 229 million tonnes in 1999/2001 to 465 million tonnes in 2050, while milk output is set to climb from 580 to 1043 million tonnes.

Long shadow

The global livestock sector is growing faster than any other agricultural sub-sector. It provides livelihoods to about 1.3 billion people and contributes about 40 percent to global agricultural output. For many poor farmers in developing countries livestock are also a source of renewable energy for draft and an essential source of organic fertilizer for their crops.

But such rapid growth exacts a steep environmental price, according to the FAO report, Livestock’s Long Shadow –Environmental Issues and Options. “The environmental costs per unit of livestock production must be cut by one half, just to avoid the level of damage worsening beyond its present level,” it warns.

When emissions from land use and land use change are included, the livestock sector accounts for 9 percent of CO2 deriving from human-related activities, but produces a much larger share of even more harmful greenhouse gases. It generates 65 percent of human-related nitrous oxide, which has 296 times the Global Warming Potential (GWP) of CO2. Most of this comes from manure.

And it accounts for respectively 37 percent of all human-induced methane (23 times as warming as CO2), which is largely produced by the digestive system of ruminants, and 64 percent of ammonia, which contributes significantly to acid rain.

Livestock now use 30 percent of the earth’s entire land surface, mostly permanent pasture but also including 33 percent of the global arable land used to producing feed for livestock, the report notes. As forests are cleared to create new pastures, it is a major driver of deforestation, especially in Latin America where, for example, some 70 percent of former forests in the Amazon have been turned over to grazing.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:47 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

I think I would have told the pig, about 7 miles to the gallon, thanks for asking" just to see if I could make her head explode.

A guy asked me what kind of MPG I got in my '58, while it was displayed at the Bloomington Gold Year event. I told him I hadn't the slightest idea. I had just figured it out that day on the way from Springfield, but I wasn't about to tell him that. He said you don't? I said I don't care, I fill it up when it gets low. He said, "oh you don't drive it much, then." I told him I drove it 200 miles one way from Springfield, and I drive it every week. He was somewhat perplexed.

I don't care if gas gets to $15 a gallon; I'm not playing this MPG game vs Corvettes with anyone.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Ron R
Drifting

I'm with you man, I don't mean to sound like a snob or anything, but I don't pay attention to the price at the pump. It's just not that big of a deal. The people freaking out about $4.00 gas are the same people who freaked out about $2.00 gas, and their situation isn't any different now than it was then. Yet now they're begging for $2.00 gas... how come it was such a problem before but now it's not? The fact is that if you're in a situation where the extra $20-$30 it costs to fill up your tank from last year is affecting your budget, you've got bigger problems than the price of fuel.

As for the whiners, if you really want to make the environmentalists go nuts, tell them that the vette is the most fuel efficient vehicle you own and that you're doing your part. Explain that cutting consumption isn't a good solution, and really what we should be doing is getting cars that use as much fuel as possible and drive them often. This is better for the environment because the only way we're ever going to get rid of oil is if we run out of it, so we all need to do our part to use up all of the oil as fast as we can.

Last edited by Ron R; 07-06-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:55 PM
jlelec
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live with this everyday in South Georgia
Old 07-06-2008, 07:18 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by dbeall1968
You could buy a prius tomorrow, but she will still wake up fat and ugly.

Get notified of new replies

To WTF it not mu fault that gas is so high because I drive a vette

Old 07-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Attfay Elleybay
Burning Brakes

Mine gets the same MPG as my Mom's 2002 Ford Taurus (as long as I drive it nice)
If anyone asks that again, just lie, how are they going to know any different? Tell them 27 Mpg just like a new one.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Carl Granquist
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Default It Really Doesn't Matter

My vehicles are only for me. And I'm not out to bash anyone else's values or politics. How many miles per gallon I get with my Corvette or my Harley is not important. By anyone's measure I'm very, very low impact (ask my insurance agent). I work with a bunch of tree-huggers and I'm comfortable with my position.

I have found that, over these last few years, if you continue the discussion with these folks you quickly move past the poignant MPG comments and get on to sharing the fun feeling for the hobby.

And I agree with the comment "...she will still wake up fat and ugly."

By the way, I've cut back drastically on how much I drive my SUV. Saving it for the best!
Old 07-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Attfay Elleybay
Burning Brakes

I read a report about how catalytic converters were bad for the environment (early 90's popular science?). They converted heavy exhaust fumes (called smog) into lighter exhaust fumes (call greenhouse gases) and were responsible for damaging the ozone. Smog would knock a few years off your life, but greenhouse gases are "killing the planet".

Quick Reply: WTF it not mu fault that gas is so high because I drive a vette