Mr. Wiillllcox!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Dream Ride
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09
Default Mr. Wiillllcox!

Ordered my interior package and seat foam today from Wilcox. The page said 4-10 days shipping.

WHAT????????????

Don't they know I'm a 51 year old man with his first Vette and will be sitting on pins and needles till everything comes in and that my sister will be up from FL on the 8th of April and we've just got to do some riding around the old home town and and and and...........

Got the old carpet out tonight and started on a new speaker box for the sub. I was feeling a little uncomfortable with the first one. Little too close to the T-Tops when I put them under it for me.

Floorboards good and solid, glad to see that. All in all everything's going fine. I plan on doing a video on the install. Especially the seats. I have a friend who does interior that's going to help and show me the right way. I'll share.

Mr Wilcox, ya'll can rush my order if you want to. It's #4591
Since it's my first one I couldn't do overnight or second day.

By the way, I talked to someone from Wilcox today and they were GREAT to deal with. You guys have my business based on your service alone.

Now send me my stuff.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:01 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,461 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Donnie,

The order should ship tomorrow (but we need info). I don't see anything that says 4-10 days shipping unless it is something UPS puts on there when you check out. This is travel time. When sales is finished with order they will put a note on there that will tell you to expect the order in 5 - 7 working days. Your in TN so I would say you'll have the carpet set on Weds, and the door panels and seat covers should arrive to you on about the same day. You're going to have plenty of time!

But. . . You did not put a year on the order! Or a seat size. Maybe you told the person you talked with today but just in case can you tell me? We are going to need this info to get the seats shipped to you. I'm sure someone will call you tomorrow if you did not tell them.

If you have any problems let me know at Willcoxcustomerservice@willcoxcorvette.c om

Willcox Inc.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:37 AM
71coupe454
Burning Brakes

"I'm a 51 year old man with his first vette" "started on a new speaker box for the sub" ROCK ON Gran-Paw!
Old 03-26-2009, 02:16 AM
Dream Ride
Pro

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Willcox Corvette
Donnie,

The order should ship tomorrow (but we need info). I don't see anything that says 4-10 days shipping unless it is something UPS puts on there when you check out. This is travel time. When sales is finished with order they will put a note on there that will tell you to expect the order in 5 - 7 working days. Your in TN so I would say you'll have the carpet set on Weds, and the door panels and seat covers should arrive to you on about the same day. You're going to have plenty of time!

But. . . You did not put a year on the order! Or a seat size. Maybe you told the person you talked with today but just in case can you tell me? We are going to need this info to get the seats shipped to you. I'm sure someone will call you tomorrow if you did not tell them.

If you have any problems let me know at Willcoxcustomerservice@willcoxcorvette.c om

Willcox Inc.
From the order page the interior package is IPC351F 1978-1982
and the Seat Foam is 7214F 1978-1982 4 Piece 2" set.

Mine is a 1979 with 2" Bolster.

Don't remember what page the 4-10 was on, but I was only funnin ya anyway.
You guys are the best, Thanks again.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Dream Ride
Pro

St. Jude Donor '09

Got the old carpet out. Almost finished with the new sub and amp box, with a twist on how the 6x9's will fit in.
I'll have 2 more inches of room for the T-Tops and not have to worry about them rubbing. Lots of work though and my brain hurts.
Ready to put in the heat shield and run speaker wires to the front now.

Wilcox came through big time. Those guys are great.
9:30 this morning Fed-X pulled up with the seat foam, covers and door panels. Man they look beautiful.
I changed from blue to black so I'll have some dash and trim coloring to do.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:54 PM
speedbird1229
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's funny how you guys in the 50's want your Vettes jumping from the subwoofers but I'm 20 years old and I just need some sort of fine radio + speakers to compliment the engine sound

I'm pretty much finished installing the complete carpet set which I also ordered from Willcox. Arrived safe and sound to Europe.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:01 PM
ratflinger
NCM Grand Opening Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 371 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '17

Originally Posted by speedbird1229
It's funny how you guys in the 50's want your Vettes jumping from the subwoofers but I'm 20 years old and I just need some sort of fine radio + speakers to compliment the engine sound

I'm pretty much finished installing the complete carpet set which I also ordered from Willcox. Arrived safe and sound to Europe.
Ah heck, we're all deaf by now. We can't hear the music any more so we need the big subs so we can at least feel it.

(or if you're like me sound resonance coming in through my tailbone reverbs directly into my head)
Old 03-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Dream Ride
Pro

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by speedbird1229
It's funny how you guys in the 50's want your Vettes jumping from the subwoofers but I'm 20 years old and I just need some sort of fine radio + speakers to compliment the engine sound .
Funny Ha Ha or funny peculiar?

Actually we're just making up for what wasn't around when we were 20. No real amps to speak of, so if you wanted loud you had to use every square inch of your ride to stick a 6x9.
A sub was just the new name for a Hogie sandwich.
Shoot I had a 64 Chevy truck once that had 10 6x9's in it.

But like Ratflinger said, we're all deaf by now so we have to go this route. Way too many 6x9's & REAL Rock & Roll.

Get notified of new replies

To Mr. Wiillllcox!

Quick Reply: Mr. Wiillllcox!