Sponsored by:

Corvette Mechanic Louisiana?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Drizzle
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Mechanic Louisiana?

While reading a lot of these posts on the forum I often see, "go see a corvette mechanic." I understand that the corvette (especially the C3's) has a lot of unique things that the regular mechanic may be unfamiliar with. Does anybody know or recommend anyone in Louisiana that would qualify (Preferably Baton Rouge or New Orleans area)? I don't have any specific needs at the moment that I am not tackling myself, but it is nice to know where to go if/when that occurs.
Thanks in advance.
--Donnie
Old 07-17-2009, 05:07 PM
EIGHTY
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I live in New Orleans and have always tried to find somewhere that specializes in Corvettes. I just found this site for a mechanic in Kenner. It looks good from the web site, and I might pass by there sometime next week to see if they are legit. I'll let you know by the end of next week.

http://www.aggressiveinc.com/mpmotorworks.html
Old 07-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Drizzle
Instructor

Thanks, I look forward to what you find out.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:36 PM
gbags
Instructor

I live in Houma and am from Kenner. I used someone else in Kenner and regret it. I think the site you mentioned is a good dude. He races I think. I have found two other guys one in Raceland and one , Houma. They are so so. It all depends what ya need done.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:07 AM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Received 568 Likes on 445 Posts

Default Call up someone in the Baton Rouge Corvette Club

Call up someone in the Baton Rouge Corvette Club. Or email someone in the Louisiana Corvette Confederation. Might consider joining too, we belong to the Bayou State Corvette Club in Lafayette. Great fun groups all!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Drizzle
Instructor

Yeah, I looked into the Baton Rouge Corvette club and inquired about joining. This is not intended to be a slight in the least, but it is more a social club than anything else. Of the members, my opinion (based on seeing them at two separate venues) is that an "old" corvette to them is a 2006. When they meet, It looks like a c6 convention. I spoke with a few members, and they told me that they and their spouses meet up once a month and go out to eat. I passed by a get together a few weeks ago in my 70 and saw 40 C6's and 2 C3's in the parking lot of a Ryan's. It seems to be less of a corvette club and more of a club for people that have new corvettes.
The other clubs are too far away to be practical to join.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:17 PM
ckhelm
Heel & Toe

I know this is an older post, but I am wondering if you could give an update on finding a good corvette mechanic in Baton Rouge area. I have a C5, and am currently looking for a mechanic.
Thanks,
Chris
Old 12-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Originally Posted by ckhelm
I know this is an older post, but I am wondering if you could give an update on finding a good corvette mechanic in Baton Rouge area. I have a C5, and am currently looking for a mechanic.
Thanks,
Chris
What type of work are you look for? If you want performance stuff and or clutch swaps, I recommend Futral Motorsports in Walker, LA.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:20 PM
golfradict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drizzle
Yeah, I looked into the Baton Rouge Corvette club and inquired about joining. This is not intended to be a slight in the least, but it is more a social club than anything else. Of the members, my opinion (based on seeing them at two separate venues) is that an "old" corvette to them is a 2006. When they meet, It looks like a c6 convention. I spoke with a few members, and they told me that they and their spouses meet up once a month and go out to eat. I passed by a get together a few weeks ago in my 70 and saw 40 C6's and 2 C3's in the parking lot of a Ryan's. It seems to be less of a corvette club and more of a club for people that have new corvettes.
The other clubs are too far away to be practical to join.
Exactly correct Donnie about BRCC and the C6 convention, most just buy a new vette and show it, not my cup of tea, they don't have an All Corvette Show here in Baton Rouge, I go to Scott and New Orleans for those. Hey, as far as a mechanic, Mark Straughter is the owner of Pride Auto Repair, loaded with corvette knowledge, loves vettes and I wouldn't trust anyone else with my 1981. Myself and my brother know him well, loaded with auto knowledge, great guy also. (654-0327)
Old 12-13-2011, 11:40 AM
ckhelm
Heel & Toe

No performance stuff, just general repairs. My check engine light is on. The codes are suggesting I have an air leak somewhere. I thought it was at my exhaust manifold. Replaced the donut gaskets, but that didn't solve the problem. I also hit a big pot hole with my passenger side front wheel which caused the traction control and antilock brakes lights to stay on. And I would like someone with some knowledge to just give it a good look over. I am well intentioned and decent with wrenches, but just haven't had time to spend working on it. I'll call your guy at Pride and see what he has to say. Thanks!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:07 PM
golfradict
Burning Brakes

No performance stuff, just general repairs. My check engine light is on. The codes are suggesting I have an air leak somewhere. I thought it was at my exhaust manifold. Replaced the donut gaskets, but that didn't solve the problem. I also hit a big pot hole with my passenger side front wheel which caused the traction control and antilock brakes lights to stay on. And I would like someone with some knowledge to just give it a good look over. I am well intentioned and decent with wrenches, but just haven't had time to spend working on it. I'll call your guy at Pride and see what he has to say. Thanks!
Great, keep me informed. He's a busy guy because there are not many auto repair shops in that area but he has a passion for the Vette's
Old 12-30-2011, 12:10 AM
ckhelm
Heel & Toe

I brought vette to Pride Auto Repair last week and had a good experience! He found vacuum leak on PCV valve line, bad wheel bearing and a bad wire harness. He made repairs and had car ready next day. I was very pleased. Thanks for the recommendation golfradict!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:27 AM
golfradict
Burning Brakes

I brought vette to Pride Auto Repair last week and had a good experience! He found vacuum leak on PCV valve line, bad wheel bearing and a bad wire harness. He made repairs and had car ready next day. I was very pleased. Thanks for the recommendation golfradict!
Hey Chris that is great, glad you were pleased with Marks service.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:26 PM
johnnygascon
Advanced

Hey Golfraddict! I think you gave me some valuable info on my last vette project. I just called Mark and made an appointment for next week to look at changing my trailing arms, I thought I would do it myself but it looks like more than I want to bite off under my carport LOL!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:44 AM
golfradict
Burning Brakes

Hey sounds good Johnny, let me know how it goes with Mark. Also get him to show you the 1970 GTO he is building, it's going to be sweet.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:49 AM
copflyer
3rd Gear

Default Corvette mechanic near me

Does anyone know of a good mechanic in the Slidell area with expertise in C5 electrical systems? I have some burnt wiring near the starter and the alternator shorted out and the negative batt wire melted at the terminal post. I replaced the alternator but can't access the wiring and don't want to hook up the battery or attempt a start before fixing the wiring. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:03 AM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,178 Likes on 2,738 Posts

Originally Posted by copflyer
Does anyone know of a good mechanic in the Slidell area with expertise in C5 electrical systems? I have some burnt wiring near the starter and the alternator shorted out and the negative batt wire melted at the terminal post. I replaced the alternator but can't access the wiring and don't want to hook up the battery or attempt a start before fixing the wiring. Thanks.
You may get a better response in the C5 Forum.....and this thread is 5 years old.

Definitely do not try to use the electrical system until the wiring is repaired

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Mechanic Louisiana?

Quick Reply: Corvette Mechanic Louisiana?