Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW ITEM: C3 Insulation Kit!!! $100

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 01:51 AM
RedAirRdstr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear that someones business is doing well and growing in the tough times Thanks for the update, Jeremy
Old 12-02-2009, 03:10 PM
jtran20
Intermediate

FYI, I placed an order November 6. I called a week later and he said it would be shipped in a few days. Cut to December, no order and I've called today and yesterday. No ANSWER; no return call yet either. I have emailed as well.

I know he sent an update about health issues, but isn't a month a bit excessive? Am I being impatient?
Old 12-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 260 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by jtran20
FYI, I placed an order November 6. I called a week later and he said it would be shipped in a few days. Cut to December, no order and I've called today and yesterday. No ANSWER; no return call yet either. I have emailed as well.

I know he sent an update about health issues, but isn't a month a bit excessive? Am I being impatient?
I placed an order on 10/29/09 and never heard anything. Not sure what happened, but I did not try to contact them. I'm not in any hurry so I figure I'll just wait. CC was not charged either. Hope the guy is OK.

Gary
Old 12-02-2009, 03:21 PM
jtran20
Intermediate

I used paypal hoping my order would get shipped faster. $125 isn't a big deal, but I would like it before I go away on Christmas vacation.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:26 PM
tobyte1
Racer

I placed my order on Oct.29. After waiting about 3 weeks, I called a couple of times before I got someone. When I did, I explained (begged) that I really needed my order before the Thanksgiving holidays. Sure enough, it showed up on Wednesday. I think that they were just covered up with orders. By the way, I think that it was worth the wait. I have done several of these cars and having a pre-cut kit made all the difference. All my interior was already out and I had the whole kit installed in about two hours....most of that time waiting on contact cement to dry.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:15 PM
RedAirRdstr
Instructor

[QUOTE=tobyte1;1572302835]I placed my order on Oct.29. After waiting about 3 weeks, I called a couple of times before I got someone. When I did, I explained (begged) that I really needed my order before the Thanksgiving holidays. Sure enough, it showed up on Wednesday. I think that they were just covered up with orders. By the way, I think that it was worth the wait. I have done several of these cars and having a pre-cut kit made all the difference. All my interior was already out and I had the whole kit installed in about two hours....most of that time waiting on contact cement to dry.

Ah, so that's how you got it. I saw your progress post in the general section, and was trying to figure out how you were installing the same product I ordered 2 days before you and still have not received. At this point it doesn't really matter, I'm just glad to hear your happy with it and its a good product. Sounds like the guys just got slammed with all of us trying to keep our feet cool. The cold weather is here to stay in IL so the car is apart for the winter anyway. Jeremy

Last edited by RedAirRdstr; 12-02-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:08 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Jason,

Just emailed you back this morning. Sorry guys for the delay in getting back to you. Thanksgiving was a bit rough for my family, as my grandmother passed away on Wed. Her funeral was on Monday, but I am back at the shop, cranking out orders. I have 25 C3 kits going out tomorrow and the first of the week, so bear with us. We are staying busy though!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:27 PM
onehundred
Da-Fuzz
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just checking on the progress of my order. Ordered on November 15th. Email crowbocop@hotmail.com.
Thanks,
Tim
Old 12-05-2009, 12:01 PM
cgc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading this entire thread and even after reading about the lack of responce to phone calls and slow shipping I placed an order today. I believe Dave Hale (I don't know him) is a straight shooter. I agree I think he was just overwhelmed with orders and then the death of his grandmother and his brief hospital stay has caused the delays.
If the insulation works as good as I hope it looks like I'll need to up grade the stereo system and fix that leaking heater core.

Have a great day

327 SIG. Site Octopus 68-69

charlie
Old 12-08-2009, 06:41 PM
jordan89
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I called them last Friday to check the status of my order and was told that my order was suppose to be shipped out this past Monday and was suppose to get a tracking number, but nothing ever came to my e-mail, or through UPS/FedEx. Has anybody received anything(e-mail, package)?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:20 PM
ikwhite
Pro

I've been waiting since Nov 4 ordered and paid for. Looks to me like waiting over a month is not uncommon at this point for this kit, so not going to get to excited about calling or emailing yet. Would like to see before Christmas though.

ikwhite

Originally Posted by jordan89
I called them last Friday to check the status of my order and was told that my order was suppose to be shipped out this past Monday and was suppose to get a tracking number, but nothing ever came to my e-mail, or through UPS/FedEx. Has anybody received anything(e-mail, package)?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:35 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by onehundred
Just checking on the progress of my order. Ordered on November 15th. Email crowbocop@hotmail.com.
Thanks,
Tim
It will go out later this week. I just shipped out 10 more kits yesterday and today, with 20 more going out in the next few days. I will forward you the tracking number when it ships.

Originally Posted by cgc
After reading this entire thread and even after reading about the lack of responce to phone calls and slow shipping I placed an order today. I believe Dave Hale (I don't know him) is a straight shooter. I agree I think he was just overwhelmed with orders and then the death of his grandmother and his brief hospital stay has caused the delays.
If the insulation works as good as I hope it looks like I'll need to up grade the stereo system and fix that leaking heater core.

Have a great day

charlie
Thanks Charlie, I did receive your order, and it looks to be about a week before yours ships.

I just sent the tracking number to your email.

Originally Posted by ikwhite
I've been waiting since Nov 4 ordered and paid for. Looks to me like waiting over a month is not uncommon at this point for this kit, so not going to get to excited about calling or emailing yet. Would like to see before Christmas though.

ikwhite
I will check on your kit tomorrow morning to see where you are in line.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:35 PM
stpman
Melting Slicks

I recieved an e-mail with a tracking # on the 2nd and when I check it tells me it was sent out.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:36 PM
jordan89
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got an email from them and he sent me my tracking number. I will be installing it as soon as I get it.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:35 AM
ctgene
Banned Scam/Spammer

I placed and paid for my order on Nov 5, also called 2 weeks ago and was told it would ship later in the week. Still waiting on my order, would appreciate an update as I called last week and got no response. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:46 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ctgene
I placed and paid for my order on Nov 5, also called 2 weeks ago and was told it would ship later in the week. Still waiting on my order, would appreciate an update as I called last week and got no response. Thanks.
Lots of times I am in and out of the shop, getting supplies or shipping orders out. Joey is often in the shop, and doesn't hear the phone when I am out. I have your order, and it will be going out this week, along with several others. I will forward you a tracking number as well when it ships.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 PM
saudivette
Melting Slicks

Hi, I've just paid for a kit. Is it still taking around a month to arrive?

Get notified of new replies

To NEW ITEM: C3 Insulation Kit!!! $100

Old 12-11-2009, 07:48 PM
RedAirRdstr
Instructor

Originally Posted by saudivette
Hi, I've just paid for a kit. Is it still taking around a month to arrive?
I ordered 10/27 and haven't received a shipment email yet, so I would say its a pretty good bet
Old 12-12-2009, 09:25 AM
golfradict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cgc

Have a great day

charlie
Same here Charlie, I just placed an order also. ~Randall
Old 12-12-2009, 01:10 PM
RadarP3C
Race Director

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 71coupe454
I wonder what kind of difference 7-10 db less noise would be?

I can give you a "subjective" answer.

First some background. I have a 2007 C6. Since it is a Z51, the stock tires are the Goodyear supercar runflats. Lots of road noise. Other noise makers are Kooks headers and Corsa Xtremes mufflers which is Corsa's loudest for the C6.

After the install, I immediately noticed the decrease in exhaust noise (music) in the cabin. What I did want to see a decrease in, was the drone I was experiencing in 6th gear in the 1650 to 1800 rpm range. On the interstate at cruising speeds between 70 and 80 mph, I had a slight drone just enough to be irritating. Now I can still hear it, I guess because I know what to expect, but the drone is not at the irritating level it once was, if that makes sense.

The tire road noise has decreased a little, but not as much as the exhaust noise.

One of the biggest complaints about heat in the C6 comes from the center console. Most folks complain that they cannot even rest their arm on the console lid. I don't think mine was that hot, but the storage compartment in the console did get hot enough that I wasn't comfortable about leaving any type of electronic device (cell, ipod, etc.) in the console. Now, that's not an issue anymore. It is still "warm," but not hot.

Ok, now to the ultimate test after the install. First ride with the War Department....my wife. She loves the car, but gave me h*ll when I installed the headers and exhaust. Now she is back to smiling in the car.

A suggestion to the ones who want to glue the pieces down. If possible, I'd stay away from gluing since this makes the insulation piece "permanent." What if you need to take out your carpet and insulation to access wiring or whatever? I'm not familiar with the install process in a C3, but in my C6, the only place I had to use tape was on the vertical pieces (door panels, roof, and sides of hatch area). Tape was used on the horizontal areas (floor boards, hatch area, etc.) only to tape each piece to another. Then the carpet was laid back on top.

For the price and ease of the install because of the pre-cut pieces (very little trimming), this kit is worth the wait. Hopefully, Dave will get more help and the time from order to delivery will be shortened. But, again, this kit is well worth the wait!

Quick Reply: NEW ITEM: C3 Insulation Kit!!! $100